Interested in other assets?

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Interested in other assets?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm

I wanted to gauge payout interest in third layer assets like the Augur prediction market. After Vance has added the remaining six top 20 coins, is anyone interested in being paid in items that represent other assets?

For example, it should be possible to earn shares of "Andrew Yang wins the 2020 Presidential election." These would be worth 20x the payout rate if he wins and nothing if he does not. Is this something anyone would be interested in?
Aramis

Re: Interested in other assets?

Post by Aramis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:21 pm

I would really love to see XLM or Stellar added to the payout list for sure!!!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Aramis wrote:I would really love to see XLM or Stellar added to the payout list for sure!!!
That's great, and we have plans to add those, but that's not the question I asked. I'm referring to third-level coins, where distributed apps create and trade assets that represent probabilities or real-world assets like silver and gold.
Aramis

Post by Aramis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Meaning such as TRON? Based on the ETH Blockchain?
ajs

Post by ajs » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I wanted to gauge payout interest in third layer assets like the Augur prediction market. After Vance has added the remaining six top 20 coins, is anyone interested in being paid in items that represent other assets?

For example, it should be possible to earn shares of "Andrew Yang wins the 2020 Presidential election." These would be worth 20x the payout rate if he wins and nothing if he does not. Is this something anyone would be interested in?
Personally I am only interested in legitimate coins, not gambling.
(Although I guess some would say cryptocurrency is gambling, I do not.)

Even if I was interested in that, it is not clear to me how getting paid in those shares is of benefit to your customers, since they could still get other coins to "spend" at Augur. That "friction" seems low enough that it is different than mining bunches of different coins, to pay in bunch of other coins.

Just my opinion.