Known issue with bitcoin earnings

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Known issue with bitcoin earnings

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:21 pm

A bug has appeared in the mining server involving bitcoin earnings. It appears as if the server incorrectly sets bitcoins into error when all USDC markets are in error.

Vance is investigating the problem, but has not yet been able to determine the cause.
CSZiggy

Re: Known issue with bitcoin earnings

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Change the AND to an OR ?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:42 pm

CSZiggy wrote:Change the AND to an OR ?
This issue has been resolved. We need to eat dinner now that we finally fixed it, but Chris will reply to the tickets and post an explanation of what happened later tonight.
wchancao

Post by wchancao » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello Steve, it seems that the bug has not been resolved, im still getting LTC earnings, despite i set 100% BTC...
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 pm

I have finally traced down the error to an invalid bitcoin price row in our database. I don't know what component is inserting the bad row, but I have implemented a workaround so that bitcoins are able to be earned again.

I realize that this error caused many people to earn coins that they did not want. Therefore, I am willing to recalculate users' February 18 earnings according to the desired payout proportions at the time, but only for people who opt-in.

I have added messages to all accounts that desired to earn bitcoins on February 18 but instead earned something else. If you have one of these messages and would like to have your earnings recalculated according to your desired payout proportions, please go to your settings page and vote "yes" in the poll. For all users who vote 'yes', I will recalculate earnings at 13:00 EST tomorrow (February 19) and then send payment. If you vote 'no', do not vote at all, or do not have one of these messages because you were not earning bitcoins, then your February 18 earnings will not be modified.

I apologize for the issue, and Steve will provide an update once he traces down the cause of the error.