Looking for new feature requests

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:05 pm

jkndt wrote:I run several different types of miner, some of which are for friends or family & at the moment I am using two accounts. This can be a little awkward, because I either have to log out of one account and then into the other or use different browsers on the same device to be able to monitor both accounts at the same time. Maybe a page that lets you view the basics of different accounts that you have the credentials for, with the ability for the user to chose what is displayed?

On the same subject, please can we have a page that gives us a choice of all available items that can be displayed? I look at different items in dashboard and details and charts, but it doesn't flow very well to keep switching between them, especially on mobile.

When I first started using prohashing I wanted to be able to pay earnings to myself, and those I run miners for, all in LTC but to different wallets, I never managed to get that to happen. I would like to be able to save several different payout addresses per coin and give each an easy to use label, then be able to select payout percentage to any labelled address or combination of. As an enhancement to that, be able to set payout settings at a group level, with any unset percentage then defaulting to the account level payout settings.

More historical data for earnings in worker group details with the ability to export the data. It's not in group history charts either.

For earnings in worker group details to show the actual currency and amount (at that time) they paid out in as well as USD. Also to which labelled payout address if that gets implemented.

Be able to put individual miners in to multiple groups, whether by multiple o= args or using a comma separated list.

A filter for account activity, to display either Earned, Payout or both would be good.

More options for notifications. Number of miners, for instance. Also at a group level, not just total. Would also like to be able to change the frequency of emails and have an option for the maximum number of emails sent by any one individual event.

Sorry for how long this has gotten. I started off with just two suggestions, but then got carried away!
Could you make a list of all the types of notifications you think are missing? One that we expect to do already within the next few days is "found valuable block."
dragonbyte_llc

Post by dragonbyte_llc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:13 pm

There are apparantly 2 coins that can be mined with the Obelisk ASIC machines on the Blake2b-SC algo. Any chance we could get a port for that?

Some switching is better than none.

DB
RCMco

Post by RCMco » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:46 pm

1) Allow the size of the window for the "Live Mining Status" to expand so more miners can be shown at one time.

2) Maybe a earnings calculator for various coins
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:35 pm

RCMco wrote:1) Allow the size of the window for the "Live Mining Status" to expand so more miners can be shown at one time.

2) Maybe a earnings calculator for various coins
The earnings calculator idea has come up many times, but we're very hesitant to do that because there seem to be a lot of these calculators elsewhere on the Internet. Is there a feature they are missing that you're looking for?
ajs

Post by ajs » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:05 pm

I really like the idea of balancing payout coins by how their price is doing.
1) you could set min/max percents for each set of coins i of N
2) sum(min(i)) <= 100
3) sum(max(i)) >= 100
4j the system would then adaptively set the payout percent within these bounds based one one of a few rules:

A) purchase the coins that are the cheapest relative to historical values (buy low)
B) buy coins whose recent change is largest (buy movers)
C) buy coins whose volume is higher than historical values
D) buy cons whose volume is lower than historical values
E) buy coins whose payout is higher/lower than historical values
Etc...

Historical values could have a setting: average over M days.

This would not be trivial to implement yet would add unique value to your pool and give your miners the ability to select their philosophy...
dragonbyte_llc

Post by dragonbyte_llc » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:22 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
hobospices wrote:What about some mining options for the CNv8 pool? whats the purpose of pointing hashrate there if there is no profit switching? Aren't we taking a 5 percent haircut for nothing if we mine on that algo port?
We're already looking into this issue, so this doesn't have to be included in the poll. What we found, though, is that there unfortunately aren't many coins for this algorithm. This algorithm is a variant of the original Cryptonight, and Monero just switched to it in an attempt to be using a unique algorithm.

All the more reason to get the CN algo up. Last I checked, there should be some 10 coins to switch between. Monero is going to keep forking every 6 months leaving "bastard children" in its wake.

Cheers!

DB
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:16 am

I added portfolio targeting as a new feature that will be implemented by Constance after the display of authorization failure reasons has been implemented.

There will be a new option added to the "Payout proportions" box on the "Settings" page. When set to "constant earnings," the behavior will be as now. When set to "portfolio targeting" mode, the customer will be asked to enter a value greater than 0.0 and less than or equal to 180.0 days. The query that determines actual payout proportions will now consider the value of coins earned during the time period and will treat overweight coins as if they are in error. By treating these coins as if they are in error, the changes are minor and we can get this code released as soon as the tax-related tasks are finished.

Thanks for that suggestion!

As to some of ajs's other suggestions, the biggest problem I see with those is that the customer would have to enter payout addresses for every coin in the system because it's not known which of all the coins is going to satisfy those criteria in advance. Would people use those features if they only considered the coins with payout addresses available?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 am

dragonbyte_llc wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
hobospices wrote:What about some mining options for the CNv8 pool? whats the purpose of pointing hashrate there if there is no profit switching? Aren't we taking a 5 percent haircut for nothing if we mine on that algo port?
We're already looking into this issue, so this doesn't have to be included in the poll. What we found, though, is that there unfortunately aren't many coins for this algorithm. This algorithm is a variant of the original Cryptonight, and Monero just switched to it in an attempt to be using a unique algorithm.

All the more reason to get the CN algo up. Last I checked, there should be some 10 coins to switch between. Monero is going to keep forking every 6 months leaving "bastard children" in its wake.

Cheers!

DB
There is a lot of demand for this algorithm, but the available manpower does not, unfortunately, have the expertise to work on this feature. That's why website and mining server changes are being requested for now. Chris, who installs coins and sets up daemons, believes he still needs about 100-150 hours to complete the 1099-MISC return to sender processing, the business taxes, the personal taxes, and responses to IRS "form 941" requests he wasn't aware existed.

This is definitely something we'll consider in March or April, though, and I'll put it on the list.
ajs

Post by ajs » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:13 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I added portfolio targeting as a new feature that will be implemented by Constance after the display of authorization failure reasons has been implemented.

As to some of ajs's other suggestions, the biggest problem I see with those is that the customer would have to enter payout addresses for every coin in the system because it's not known which of all the coins is going to satisfy those criteria in advance. Would people use those features if they only considered the coins with payout addresses available?
Maybe I was not clear.

A user would still have a list of coins they want in there portfolio, and for each of those coins only would they have payout addresses and min/max numbers. The system would then adaptively change the distribution percents of that portfolio based how how those coins were doing, seeking to either purchase more of coins that were bargains (lower relative price than the others) or ones seeing increased volume or ...

For example, if I typed in

Bitcoin 25 75
Etherium 25 75
XMR 5 25
LiteCoin 15 45

Because the total mins are 70 percent, (sum(mins) must be less than 100) the system would allocate the remaining 30% to those coins that were unusually less expensive (or volume or...). If XMR is very low relative to the others, it will go to 25% leaving 5% for the next bargain (volume etc) coin.

Why is this of value to your clients? Just like you adaptively changing coins to mine to take advantage of temporary market situations to maximize profit, this does the same on payout, but allows the user some control over their philosophy. For example some clients may want to buy more expensive coins, thinking they are about to “take off” and ignore coins whose price is sinking. Others may believe in the portfolio and want to buy while cheaper. Adding triggers on rate of price change and volume, or on payout changes (mining difficulty) simply gives your clients control over their investment philosophy and will make for even more loyal customers as the next bubble begins.
jkndt

Post by jkndt » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Could you make a list of all the types of notifications you think are missing? One that we expect to do already within the next few days is "found valuable block."
Hi Steve.
I think the following would be useful.
Number of miners connected per algorithm, group or in total would be good. Total hashrate can fluctuate by more that the capability of one machine, so using that method is a little unreliable.
Add per algorithm, group or in total to the accepted shares. My Lyra2REv2 miners can vary a lot, but if they are good and one of my others goes bad, though is within the tolerance I set because of the Lyra2REv2, I wouldn't get notified.
Being able to change the frequency of emails would be good, but not critical.
The ability to click a link from within the email to stop the notification from repeating until a new event triggers it after the values have returned to within their setting, because sometimes I can't get to my miners for several hours and that is a lot of emails at 5 minute intervals.