Looking for new feature requests

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ultiman2

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Post by ultiman2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:50 pm

creader

Post by creader » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:41 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: What would you like the smartphone app to do?

There are quite a few requests for an app, but I'm not clear what people are looking for that they can't get by viewing the website on a phone. The website already detects that a phone is viewing it and displays charts and graphs in a phone-friendly view. Perhaps someone can clarify that more.
Your question is like. why are you using "whatsap" and not "e-mail" for your communication... :geek:

an app is a quick and comfortable soulution to look your stats.

it's true we can check in browser, but you asked us for some new features. But it's not the only feature we like to see.
dra2120

Post by dra2120 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
dra2120 wrote:I second a smartphone app. Also the ability to choose payout amount in dollars and not just coin amounts...i.e. payout limit set to $30 instead of .0235 btc. That way the payout amount can stay constant instead of changing every day.
What would you like the smartphone app to do?

There are quite a few requests for an app, but I'm not clear what people are looking for that they can't get by viewing the website on a phone. The website already detects that a phone is viewing it and displays charts and graphs in a phone-friendly view. Perhaps someone can clarify that more.
I personally, would just like the info from the "dashboard & detail" pages. I never think to use the browser on my phone to look at things like this. I check my cointracker app every day, and my electroneum app every day, but the thought to check them on my browser never crosses my mind...The other reason is because all my login info is saved on my work computer, and trying to remember a 20+ character random password, and then trying to enter that on my phone along with the 2FA is a big reason I don't bother to try it on my phone's browser, so I never see what is happening over the weekend. If the App was more "read-only" where I sign in once, and then I don't have to login again, but also don't have to worry about people being able to redirect my payouts or lock me out of my account if I lose my phone. That's just my reasoning, others may have different thoughts.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am

dra2120 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
dra2120 wrote:I second a smartphone app. Also the ability to choose payout amount in dollars and not just coin amounts...i.e. payout limit set to $30 instead of .0235 btc. That way the payout amount can stay constant instead of changing every day.

I personally, would just like the info from the "dashboard & detail" pages. I never think to use the browser on my phone to look at things like this. I check my cointracker app every day, and my electroneum app every day, but the thought to check them on my browser never crosses my mind...The other reason is because all my login info is saved on my work computer, and trying to remember a 20+ character random password, and then trying to enter that on my phone along with the 2FA is a big reason I don't bother to try it on my phone's browser, so I never see what is happening over the weekend. If the App was more "read-only" where I sign in once, and then I don't have to login again, but also don't have to worry about people being able to redirect my payouts or lock me out of my account if I lose my phone. That's just my reasoning, others may have different thoughts.
Thanks for the feedback. In your opinion, would this app cause you to use this pool over other pools? Or, is it just something that is nice to have? If we're going to spend $30,000 on this app, we will need to see an increase of $600,000 in revenue, or 5% more miners from this app alone. Others should chime in, too.

Or, here's another way to ask the question. If there were two pools, one with a great app that charged 1% more than the other pool, which one would you use?
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:52 am

have a quick way to decide which algorithm is most profitable for gpu, with a switch for nvidia or amd and comparisons between different mining software, but that would also need benchmarks (also a good idea if people can upload benchmark results somehow). I could probably figure it out on my own just looking at profitability of 4 of the algorithms and doing a bit of quick math in my head, but often i just go with what i thought was most profitable before or whatever i have set up already. it's hard to tell anymore if any of the algorithms are gpu friendly because new asic miners are coming out all the time.
make a list of suggested gpu mining software and download links for each algorithm. or better yet make a package with the best mining software to use on the pool (doesn't need a nice UI like nicehash, but that could be a plus for the simple users).
if you could make an android app, i'd want a dashboard that just shows connected miners and changes in balance, but you could choose when to update it or how often to update it. the gpu profitability calculator could go in the app too. and finally arm processor mining to get a few extra hashes out of an android tablet or other mobile device (probably mining cryptonote type algorithms), if you choose to.
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:13 am

lately i've been mining on zpool because i think the profitability is better on gpu algorithms like bcd or hex, and i like the low difficulty scrypt port. and there are more profitable cpu algorithms like argon2d-dyn. the only complaint there is i'm still going to be waiting at least a couple weeks for a payout with only a few gpus, cpus, and small asics, and only bitcoin is reliable for payout coin.
dra2120

Post by dra2120 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
dra2120 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. In your opinion, would this app cause you to use this pool over other pools? Or, is it just something that is nice to have? If we're going to spend $30,000 on this app, we will need to see an increase of $600,000 in revenue, or 5% more miners from this app alone. Others should chime in, too.

Or, here's another way to ask the question. If there were two pools, one with a great app that charged 1% more than the other pool, which one would you use?
For me, this isn't a make it or break it item, an app would just be more convenient sometimes...I really like the way you guys run this pool, and the way it functions, so I don't plan on looking for another pool to mine with. I don't mind a bit higher fees for more features, but I'm not a "power miner" either, at current prices I only make about $1,500.00 a year from mining, so I'm not as worried about fees. Perhaps you could do a free version of the app, that was read-only, and a paid version of the app that allowed the same functionality as the website for those who are constantly tweaking for the highest profit. Again, more people than just me should give some opinion to get a more well-rounded idea of what people are looking for.
hobospices

Post by hobospices » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
hobospices wrote:What about some mining options for the CNv8 pool? whats the purpose of pointing hashrate there if there is no profit switching? Aren't we taking a 5 percent haircut for nothing if we mine on that algo port?
We're already looking into this issue, so this doesn't have to be included in the poll. What we found, though, is that there unfortunately aren't many coins for this algorithm. This algorithm is a variant of the original Cryptonight, and Monero just switched to it in an attempt to be using a unique algorithm.
Could we at least add GRAFT ? It has good development and is Supported on STEX
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:52 pm

dra2120 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
dra2120 wrote: I personally, would just like the info from the "dashboard & detail" pages. I never think to use the browser on my phone to look at things like this. I check my cointracker app every day, and my electroneum app every day, but the thought to check them on my browser never crosses my mind...The other reason is because all my login info is saved on my work computer, and trying to remember a 20+ character random password, and then trying to enter that on my phone along with the 2FA is a big reason I don't bother to try it on my phone's browser, so I never see what is happening over the weekend. If the App was more "read-only" where I sign in once, and then I don't have to login again, but also don't have to worry about people being able to redirect my payouts or lock me out of my account if I lose my phone. That's just my reasoning, others may have different thoughts.

For me, this isn't a make it or break it item, an app would just be more convenient sometimes...I really like the way you guys run this pool, and the way it functions, so I don't plan on looking for another pool to mine with. I don't mind a bit higher fees for more features, but I'm not a "power miner" either, at current prices I only make about $1,500.00 a year from mining, so I'm not as worried about fees. Perhaps you could do a free version of the app, that was read-only, and a paid version of the app that allowed the same functionality as the website for those who are constantly tweaking for the highest profit. Again, more people than just me should give some opinion to get a more well-rounded idea of what people are looking for.
Under no circumstances would we consider selling access to the app. If we develop it, it will be free to all customers. The sole reason I'm asking here is because we want to make sure that this app is the most important thing we could be spending the money on. If there is some other feature that people would use more often, then we should prioritize that instead of the app.
jde

Post by jde » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:18 pm

How about rest api where we can get live profitability?