Looking for new feature requests

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
XXXJAYXXX

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Post by XXXJAYXXX » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
XXXJAYXXX wrote:Would be awesome if you guys could integrate with a multi-algo GPU miner such as Nemo's miner. They make an excellent open source GUI miner for Nvidia GPU's and have added many different pools, they have also continuously put out new and improved versions every few months even during the down market. Seems like a solid team! Would love to be able to switch my GPU rigs over to prohashing.. but the algo switching really does make a big difference!
This has been a feature we've wanted to create for a long time, but we thought that we would have to write our own miner for it.

How does this miner determine which algorithm to switch to?
At startup, in the "config" tab.. you select your pool, and then load then default algorithms for that pool and add your worker info etc. Once you start the miner.. it runs a benchmark on each algo to gain a base for profit calculation.. It then uses an API for price vs difficulty on each coin for each algo. I believe the default is every 300 seconds it will query the API's and if there is a more profitable coin... it will shut down the current miner.. and open the new miner for the different algo automatically. It's honestly the best miner I have ever used.. feature packed and actively developed and improved on.. Would definitely recommend checking it out... they may even be willing to work with you to integrate your systems.. not sure.. but it would be worth a shot! Only works with Nvidia GPU's unfortunately.. but who knows.. maybe an AMD version is out there and I've just never bothered to look for it.. lol
RCMco

Post by RCMco » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:41 am

Maybe show some miner stats so people can see how they compare to other miners.
montas922

Post by montas922 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:17 pm

It would be amazing to see Baikal algos. I use few of them at miningpool hub and I love hashing more than any of other pools.
RCMco

Post by RCMco » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm

If you are still looking for suggestions here is one.

I know you are hesitant about developing a calculator because there are so many online but there are none that work with prohashing. It would be great if you could calculate earnings based on a users combined hashing power or a percentage of so they can see how much they can earn.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:15 am

You can do that, you just have to look at yesterday's Expected Payouts for 1 MH/s to see what you should have earned yesterday.
Since the autopool mines several coins for you throughout the day and switches often, I do not think there would be a way to estimate profits before they are actually realized.

As the prices change drastically from day to day I don't see a way to calculate the future. Other sites can have a calculator if they are only using a static coin on a single port that only changes as the difficulty changes, like every 3rd day or so. Those sites can have a calculator that should be accurate on days when their is no difficulty change to find out how MANY coins you will earn on a specific day, but making 2 coins today at $50 and then making 2 coins tomorrow at $60 and making another 2 coins the day after that at $48 means you have a different profit each day even though the number of coins remains static from day to day for 3 days at a time.

I'd rather see a new feature for GPU cards that does a type of autopool autoalgo, where it takes your GPU card specs and shows you how much hash you could be credited for on each algo so you can decide which coin algo is best for you to mine for max profits.

An NVIDIA GTX1060....does how much X-11, how much SHA-256, how much Lyra2REv2, how many sol for CryptonightR
knowing or seeing the values based on the newest mining programs would allow users to decide which algo they should apply their cards to in order to find the most profit.

Equihash-144_5 pays $0.00844 per S/s
CryptonightR pays $0.31867 per KH/s

If miners knew their cards could produce 40 S/s on Equishash or it could produce 1 KH/s on CryptonightR would help then decide which algo to go with to maximize profits better. But with new mining versions coming out and so many cards out there on the market would be a lot of updating to keep the estimator accurate. So again may not be possible.
tieko

Post by tieko » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 am

One useful improvement is in the Dashboard. You show "Rejected Share Reasons" but not the miners that caused it. We have lots of miners and the identification process is very slow. With a simple modify of the Dashboard you can help everyone.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:11 am

tieko wrote:One useful improvement is in the Dashboard. You show "Rejected Share Reasons" but not the miners that caused it. We have lots of miners and the identification process is very slow. With a simple modify of the Dashboard you can help everyone.
This is a great idea, and it actually should not be very difficult to implement.

If you submit a support ticket with this suggestion, I'll assign it to Constance, and she'll be glad to implement it sometime in April or May.
greenhorn0815

Post by greenhorn0815 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 am

It would be great to be able to cover a very large community of Baikal users, myr-gro, skein and qubit are very popular algos and still profitable.
fourtech

Post by fourtech » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:54 pm

would be nice to see a break down of how much each worker earned. Any chance TRON will be coming back as a payout option?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:01 am

fourtech wrote:would be nice to see a break down of how much each worker earned. Any chance TRON will be coming back as a payout option?
TRON is one of the six top-20 coins that Vance expects to implement by the end of June. We selected Stellar as the next coin to implement because of its recent surge in popularity with Coinbase. However, TRON will probably come in the beginning of June.