Nicehash-specific ports now available

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Nicehash-specific ports now available

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:47 am

We're proud to announce the final release of Nicehash-specific ports, which are now available for immediate use.

By default, the stratum protocol declares that an initial difficulty needs to be sent to miners right after connect, and then the miner is to send a username and password back. To comply with this specification, Prohashing assigns a difficulty suitable for most miners and then, if the miner requests a static difficulty with the "d=" password argument, reassigns that difficulty when the password is received. However, Nicehash requires a minimum difficulty, and uses this initial difficulty to determine whether a pool is compatible with its service. Since Nicehash miners don't wait to see what difficulty is assigned after the "d=" password argument is received, Nicehash returns errors even if the "d=" argument is above their minimum difficulty.

Like algorithm-specific ports that prevent some mining rigs from declaring incompatibility, Nicehash-specific ports send a very high initial difficulty to trick Nicehash's "pool checker" algorithm into thinking the pool is compatible. That allows enough time for Nicehash to authorize and actually send the "d=" password argument the customer wants to use.

The port numbers for Nicehash-specific ports are available in the documentation at https://prohashing.com/help.html#tuning-ports. Feel free to post your comments and suggestions for improvement!
tinyminy

Re: Nicehash-specific ports now available

Post by tinyminy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:06 am

Hi,

for X11 took long time to "connect" and got canceled after couple of mins on the 3434 port ... switched back to 3334, everything running as expected. Just to let you know ...

Kind regards
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:52 am

tinyminy wrote:Hi,

for X11 took long time to "connect" and got canceled after couple of mins on the 3434 port ... switched back to 3334, everything running as expected. Just to let you know ...

Kind regards
Could you provide more details on this issue? We aren't able to reproduce it and we aren't aware of any widespread issues.

If you could submit a support ticket that contains your username, then we'll be glad to help you out. At the very least, we'll need your username and the time you tried to connect, which are fields in the ticket system. Once you've given us more information, then I'll be able to look back at the database and get more information. Thanks!
creader

Post by creader » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:21 am

hi,

i'm trying to buy hashpower with using the port 3436 for equihash, but nicehash showed me just dead pool?!(not the film)

I'm using the following configuration

algo:Equihash server:prohashing.com:3436 user:creader password:n=nice d=8192
or
algo:Equihash server:prohashing.com:3436 user:creader password:n=nice d=32769

other pools like slush or other pools working...well...but they working.
i'm not really know what i have to fill in ...maybe i filled something wrong?.... sorry but the discription in the help section dosen't help me.
Can anybody tell me the right values to mine with nicehash power?...maybe with working values..
Sorry but a how to do for noobs like me will be fine ;-)

Or is there an issue that happens this error?

thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 am

creader wrote:hi,

i'm trying to buy hashpower with using the port 3436 for equihash, but nicehash showed me just dead pool?!(not the film)

I'm using the following configuration

algo:Equihash server:prohashing.com:3436 user:creader password:n=nice d=8192
or
algo:Equihash server:prohashing.com:3436 user:creader password:n=nice d=32769

other pools like slush or other pools working...well...but they working.
i'm not really know what i have to fill in ...maybe i filled something wrong?.... sorry but the discription in the help section dosen't help me.
Can anybody tell me the right values to mine with nicehash power?...maybe with working values..
Sorry but a how to do for noobs like me will be fine ;-)

Or is there an issue that happens this error?

thanks
Is this issue only a problem with equihash, or is it also an issue with other algorithms?
creader

Post by creader » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:36 am

Hi,

all i can say is about equihash...other algorithms i didn't test. Maybe somebody else can say something?

thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:05 am

creader wrote:Hi,

all i can say is about equihash...other algorithms i didn't test. Maybe somebody else can say something?

thanks
If we can get confirmation that the other algorithms have no issues, then we know that the problem is that the difficulty used for equihash is different than that used by Nicehash. We know how to resolve the issue, but I want to make sure that is actually the issue before making all miners change their difficulties.
creader

Post by creader » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Yes i think this could be the problem. Because nicehash dashboard says dificulty to low...

First time i tried with d=8192 password (find this Value on your help site)

Than i saw nicehash say min.diff. should be >= 32768 (you can see this when you fill out the pooldata form).
So i uses this value(32768) but it also didn't work. I wait aprox. 5min. But it doesn't connect. Maybe i have to wait longer? I don't know...

By the way. Is my password argument generally correct?
Thanks
tinyminy

Post by tinyminy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:55 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
tinyminy wrote:Hi,

Kind regards
Could you provide more details on this issue? We aren't able to reproduce it and we aren't aware of any widespread issues.

If you could submit a support ticket that contains your username, then we'll be glad to help you out. At the very least, we'll need your username and the time you tried to connect, which are fields in the ticket system. Once you've given us more information, then I'll be able to look back at the database and get more information. Thanks!
Hi, I'm not sure how to provide more info ... my NH order was dead for 5 mins after ordering and got cancelled after 10 mins as a placeholder. In between some hashrate with 1,7% stales. I can't read more out of given NH stats for this order. This occured when using your NH port 3434, once I switched the port back to 3334 the order started normally and was running till the end as expected.

I don't want to complain anything, just let you know that there seem to be troubles regarding X11 and the new NH port, at least for me. I'll try to reproduce that over the next couple of days.

Kind regards
creader

Post by creader » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
creader wrote:Hi,

thanks
If we can get confirmation that the other algorithms have no issues, then we know that the problem is that the difficulty used for equihash is different than that used by Nicehash. We know how to resolve the issue, but I want to make sure that is actually the issue before making all miners change their difficulties.
Any Idea why it's not working?

tinyminy problems with Nicehash Ports seems to be the same problem?!?

Fact is Nicehash displays to low difficulty.

Nobody here who tried out mining with hashpower from Nicehash??

kind regards