Try out new miner grouping feature

News updates about the Prohashing pool
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3878
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:05 am

All customers are invited to try out the new miner grouping feature at https://test.prohashing.com/. This feature was determined to be the #1 new priority when new customers were asked about new website features in May.

Miner grouping allows customers to aggregate statistics about miners by group name. Live statuses are then collected in boxes, and statistics like hashrate are summed. Groups are defined by the customer, so they can be chosen by location, by miner type, by algorithm, or whatever differentiator the customer chooses.

The "o=" password argument is used to assign a miner to a group. The documentation on the grouping site can help more with experimentation. Both sites work with the same database, so even though the same earnings data is viewed and the same payout addresses can be edited, data collected with the "o=" password argument is only viewable on the test site.

Please try out the test site and offer your thoughts, so that we can improve any problems and issue a final release as soon as possible!
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3878
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am

Also, please post here if you're using the "o=" password argument. I'd like to run some queries to double-check that all the stored data is correct.
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Edited
Last edited by GregoryGHarding on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Also, please post here if you're using the "o=" password argument. I'd like to run some queries to double-check that all the stored data is correct.
gregorygharding. enabled
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:14 pm

i notice when grouped, there is no indication of which coin is being mined
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3878
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:17 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:i notice when grouped, there is no indication of which coin is being mined
That's right, because there are multiple coins being mined when multiple miners are in a group. Or, were you suggesting something else?
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:i notice when grouped, there is no indication of which coin is being mined
That's right, because there are multiple coins being mined when multiple miners are in a group. Or, were you suggesting something else?
may i suggest that if all miners in the group are mining the same coin, then show it as it did with the old layout.
jkndt
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 am

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by jkndt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:27 am

jkndt is now using o= for several different groupings.
First thing I have noticed on the test.prohashing.com site is that when you expand one of the info boxes in the live worker status section of the dashboard, it doesn't stay expanded for very long (until the background colour changes), using the following browsers: -
Firefox 64.0 on Ubuntu 18.10
Chrome 71.0.3578.98 & Samsung Internet 7.4.00.70 on Android 8.0.0
I.E. 11.0.9600.19180, Edge 42.17134.10 & Chrome 71.0.3578.98 on Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 Pro
Second, I also found that the info boxes show through the drop down menu for both Chrome and Samsung Internet on Android and can still be expanded even though supposedly behind the drop down menu, leaving only the very left hand edge of the menu items able to be selected.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3878
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:44 am

jkndt wrote:jkndt is now using o= for several different groupings.
First thing I have noticed on the test.prohashing.com site is that when you expand one of the info boxes in the live worker status section of the dashboard, it doesn't stay expanded for very long (until the background colour changes), using the following browsers: -
Firefox 64.0 on Ubuntu 18.10
Chrome 71.0.3578.98 & Samsung Internet 7.4.00.70 on Android 8.0.0
I.E. 11.0.9600.19180, Edge 42.17134.10 & Chrome 71.0.3578.98 on Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 Pro
Second, I also found that the info boxes show through the drop down menu for both Chrome and Samsung Internet on Android and can still be expanded even though supposedly behind the drop down menu, leaving only the very left hand edge of the menu items able to be selected.
Thanks for the feedback. Constance is aware of the first issue, the one with the boxes not staying expanded, and she hopes to fix that today for a release tomorrow.

She's not aware of the second issue. I'll add a JIRA task and direct her to look at this post. She'll reply here once she knows more.
Constance Hilliard
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:32 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Try out new miner grouping feature

Post by Constance Hilliard » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:22 pm

That dropdown is a simple z-index issue, I will make sure that it is in the next release, which has been delayed until tomorrow. There are fixes in it for the collapsing of the live worker status, group details charts, and a few other minor visual issues. I would like to thank Gregory and jkndt as their accounts have proved invaluable for testing!
Post Reply