Unplanned downtime this morning

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Unplanned downtime this morning

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 am

This morning, there was unplanned downtime of the mining servers for about a minute. I was not able to determine the reason why the system went offline, but Chris will investigate later in the morning when he wakes up. The most likely cause was a power interruption. It may be that the battery backup is failing, given that this is the second time this happened in the past month. If so, we will replace it during tomorrow's yearly server maintenance.

After mining was restored a minute later, other services remained offline for 45 minutes until I woke up at 6:30am EST and noticed them. I restarted all services and everything is back to normal. However, because mining was occurring while other services were offline, it will take about two hours for the share inserters to insert all of the shares the mining servers had been holding in their memory, and then another hour or two to analyze and credit all the found blocks that weren't inserted. If your balances or blocks seem lower than normal, check back in about four hours as the system recovers itself.

I apologize for the inconvenience.