Bitcoin Cash SV block explorer now indexing!

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Bitcoin Cash SV block explorer now indexing!

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Many community members have complained that there are no Bitcoin Cash SV block explorers online, as most exchanges and explorers have followed the Bitcoin ABC blockchain.

While we don't normally index coins like bitcoin that have many other explorers available, it seems that there is a need for an SV explorer. We've brought one online at https://prohashing.com/explorer/bitcoincashsv. It is now indexing as quickly as possible, and at its current rate, it should be finished around Thanksgiving.

We look forward to providing this new block explorer!
GregoryGHarding

Re: Bitcoin Cash SV block explorer now indexing!

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 pm

and with that, its currently not minable, with error coinbase address not valid
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:37 am

and in other news, the SV developers are complete meglomaniacs.
all thru the source code and build files they've hardwired the name "bitcoin" or "Bitcoin"
and by default will stomp on the .bitcoin datadir and also look for a bitcoin.conf file
and use Bitcoin's default port/rpcport values.

they seem to be trying to convince themselves they are the One True Bitcoin or something.
eeeesh! wankers.

actually, i havent looked at ABC source, but at least they use a unique (ABC ified) datadir
myeportal

Post by myeportal » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 am

Hoping to get the REAL lowdown here and i know Chris has been awesome in the past, (very knowledgable).
So.... I was mining on BCH prefork, then as we got closer, i thought, well i will mine with SVPOOL, and so i did, had my bch ABC wallet addy in their payouts, then on the fork, with all payouts afterwards to the new SV, i forgot to change my address for earnings POST THE FORK to the new SV wallet addy, which i was told to use either handcash app or another one, i chose handcash. I have since changed the addy and should get payouts now, but isnt there a way to recover those funds that were sent to my BCH ABC wallet? I thought i read somewhere that the SV enabled this with the addresses as they are now beyond the legacy address (IE.. bitcoincash:qqjduhe2rau533c47tc7es9997gyc76qdu55xv0srp)
That is the address i have now setup, but the old address (BCH ABC) is where the POST FORK funds have gone, and they said( SVPOOL) that they were sent to that old prefork ABC address, which was upgraded prior to mining, and so im wondering if there is a way to get those funds (SV from the ABC wallet)?
Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated. If prohashing is up and mining SV, id like to send my miners here, but unsure of if PRO is mining SV.
Myeportal
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:51 pm

there is no replay protection, so if you send abc to sv or vice veras, youre lost
slast i checked SV is up and running since after maintenance. you can check coin status on the bottom of the home page

at the time of fork, if you own your private keys you can import your provate kets to bothe wallets and trereive your forked balances for both.
myeportal

Post by myeportal » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Ok great, and how does that work?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:01 pm

myeportal wrote:Hoping to get the REAL lowdown here and i know Chris has been awesome in the past, (very knowledgable).
So.... I was mining on BCH prefork, then as we got closer, i thought, well i will mine with SVPOOL, and so i did, had my bch ABC wallet addy in their payouts, then on the fork, with all payouts afterwards to the new SV, i forgot to change my address for earnings POST THE FORK to the new SV wallet addy, which i was told to use either handcash app or another one, i chose handcash. I have since changed the addy and should get payouts now, but isnt there a way to recover those funds that were sent to my BCH ABC wallet? I thought i read somewhere that the SV enabled this with the addresses as they are now beyond the legacy address (IE.. bitcoincash:qqjduhe2rau533c47tc7es9997gyc76qdu55xv0srp)
That is the address i have now setup, but the old address (BCH ABC) is where the POST FORK funds have gone, and they said( SVPOOL) that they were sent to that old prefork ABC address, which was upgraded prior to mining, and so im wondering if there is a way to get those funds (SV from the ABC wallet)?
Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated. If prohashing is up and mining SV, id like to send my miners here, but unsure of if PRO is mining SV.
Myeportal
Yes, you can recover money that was sent to the wrong fork.

If you're running both clients, all you have to do is to copy the wallet.dat file from one fork to the other, or restore the wallet.dat file that had the address in it that you want to spend. The files are interchangeable and can be spent on either network.

If you requested payout to an exchange instead, then you should submit a support ticket to the exchange asking them to assist you. They do have access to the money, but most exchanges take a long time to reply to support tickets and in many cases they will refuse to help. If you sent your money to Coinbase, you have to wait until they unlock their wallets, which could be several weeks.