On Behalf of Open Medicine Foundation (donate4OMF)

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GregoryGHarding

On Behalf of Open Medicine Foundation (donate4OMF)

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Code: Select all

posting as article so not lost in chatbox pruning.
donate4OMF wrote:Thank you to the many ProHashing users who are donating to Open Medicine Foundation (OMF). You are supporting critical research for a debilitating disease that most people have never heard of. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) is a multi-system disease characterized by profound fatigue, cognitive impairment, sleep abnormalities, pain, and a myriad of other symptoms that are made worse by exertion of any sort.

The cause of ME/CFS is unknown, and there are no FDA approved treatments. Sadly, there are millions of people around the world who are suffering and hidden. It is estimated that there are 2.5 million people affected with ME/CFS in the US alone, and over 20 million worldwide. 75% of people with ME/CFS are unable to attend work or go to school and 25% are completely house-bound or bed-bound. The CDC has called ME/CFS, America’s hidden health crisis, yet annual research funding from the NIH is only in the $14 million neighborhood.

We are dependent on the private sector to fund research to find answers so that people can return to their families and their lives. We are Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) (https://www.omf.ngo), the leading non-profit organization funding collaborative research in chronic complex diseases. Our initial focus is on ME/CFS. The OMF Scientific Advisory Board is led by Dr. Ronald W. Davis, PhD, Director of the Stanford Genome Technology Center, member of the National Academy of Sciences, and identified by Atlantic magazine as one of today’s greatest inventors.

The board contains three Nobel laureates as well as other pre-eminent scientists. OMF is currently funding more than a dozen projects including collaborative research centers at Stanford and Harvard. OMF has invested over $16 million in research to date but this is just scratching the surface. Hundreds of millions of dollars are needed to find the cure! We are grateful for support at any level to help us advance research. As you buy, sell and trade, please donate to OMF and share hope with millions of people around the world. Thank you for being a part of our family and supporting research.