Looking for a few testers

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jimlite

Re: Looking for a few testers

Post by jimlite » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:34 am

Right now I think Waffle (due to merged mining of all coins and hidden coins) and NiceHash are more profitable, but a couple weeks ago you were killing it for two days.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:58 pm

I looked into the merge mining issue and originally thought that merge mining was only able to be done when litecoins were being mined (which would have made it useless, since litecoins are not very profitable). But it turns out that any of the coins can be merge-mined.

We may decide to postpone this release that has the eight features and pull merge mining into it, now that we know that merge mining can be done with any coin. We were wondering how these other pools had suddenly surpassed us given that we had always been ahead for months during testing, and that might explain why. Once implemented, merge mining should allow us to easily surpass these other pools.

Thanks for pointing that out!
jimlite

Post by jimlite » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:47 am

Sure, you can always tip my account :) I know for a fact that Waffle is merge mining doge with every coin. I also suggested the anonymous button so your name doesn't show in blockfinder, lower daily payout thresholds, and manual payout button (with the 6 cent transaction fee or whatever). I have mined at just about every pool, and once you implement these features, I am sure yours will be the best. The other way pools can beat the average is by devoting some hash to ANY new scrypt coin launch, right at the launch to get the easy low diff blocks and then sell when it eventually gets to bittrex, but in my opinion this should only be done with a new coin that has NO ICO, < 1% pre-mine, and favorable block rewards to the earliest of miners.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 am

I was going to reply directly to this post, but I realized that I'll just be duplicating what I have to say in the "Development" forum. Take a look at the status there and tell me what you think.