Fix for some Monero miners

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
PolakCrypto

Re: Fix for some Monero miners

Post by PolakCrypto » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:56 am

Seriously? Im at like 95% but over the last couple hours I got 23 shares marked with incorrect algo error for like a ~5% rejection.

Cryptodredge was giving me rejects as well. I mean its not abnormally high but it is more than usual.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:31 am

yeah incorrect algo is the next error to fix. im at 97.6% with 16 incorrect algo shares
citronick

Post by citronick » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:12 am

I will move my rigs to another pool for the time being - it will be best if the design of the CN pool can include all the CN7 coins from day 1 - that way miners can benefit from profitable CN7 coins -- unless the pool is strictly only for CN8 coins which is only MoneroV8 and Graft for now.
keksik

Post by keksik » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:19 pm

there is Monero (XMR) Wownero (WOW), Lethean (LTHN), Electroneum Classic (ETNC), Caliber (CAL) for V8
Graft is for V7

EDIT: yes graft will fork to v8
Rexmint

Post by Rexmint » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Are Rx 4/580s more profitable doing Monero or ethhash?
vancevu

Post by vancevu » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm

The incorrect algorithm error happens when the mining server processes a share that doesn't meet the target difficulty requirements, so it thinks the miner is using an incorrect algorithm.

We have found two causes for this issue:
  • There was a bug in the mining server that sent out incorrect work for some jobs, leading to incorrect calculations and rejected shares for that job. This issue has been fixed but is not yet released.
  • Some miners are submitting shares for old jobs after a new job comes in. Since this only happens when a new job is received, you can decrease the number of new jobs that get sent by turning off work refreshes with the e=off option to increase efficiency.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Rexmint wrote:Are Rx 4/580s more profitable doing Monero or ethhash?
https://whattomine.com/coins?utf8=%E2%9 ... =Calculate
citronick

Post by citronick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:00 am

I observed that cast-xmr-vega for my Vega rigs - are capable to recover from the rejects state, to submitted state.

For xmr-stak, however, it does start strong with accepted shares but when rejected shares starts..... it will continue to result in rejects thereafter.

Both the above are on test WIN10 rigs.

I have about 100khash (RX470,480 and P106,1070) on SMOS/Linux and xmr-stak behaves the same like WIN10.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:06 am

citronick wrote:I observed that cast-xmr-vega for my Vega rigs - are capable to recover from the rejects state, to submitted state.

For xmr-stak, however, it does start strong with accepted shares but when rejected shares starts..... it will continue to result in rejects thereafter.

Both the above are on test WIN10 rigs.

I have about 100khash (RX470,480 and P106,1070) on SMOS/Linux and xmr-stak behaves the same like WIN10.
the wrong algorithm error is on prohashings side, and will be the cause of the dropped shares. let them work it out, xmrstak has been solid for me minus the pool issue
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:41 am

IDK what you did recently but im getting heavy rejects now as of ~2:30am EST time. I used the e=off earlier and that helped quite a bit I was at 98% efficiency. Now its the worse ive ever witnessed. Just heavy back to back to back rejects.

Assume your working on it/testing right now.