System downtime this afternoon

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

System downtime this afternoon

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:58 am

We are going to take the mining servers offline this afternoon for 10 minutes to deploy Monero mining. Testing of Monero proceeded more quickly than expected and we are ready for release. Normally, we would provide more warning, but we don't want any potential issues resulting from the release to disrupt Halloween activities if we release tomorrow.

Chris will announce the downtime shortly before it begins. The website will also be taken offline to update the documentation, but the forums will not be affected.
subseaguru

Re: System downtime this afternoon

Post by subseaguru » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:37 am

is the service desk down also? i cant log in. the icon just keeps spinning.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:11 pm

I don't think I've been able to log into support for over 4 days now.(you spin me right round baby...)
Pretty sure more than a few people put posts up about it.

Likely none have put in a support ticket for Chris to look into why they can't login to put a ticket in(opps...catch-22)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:06 pm

This release will be executed now.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Chris has restarted one of the eight mining servers and we confirmed there are no issues. He will restart three more, validate they are working, and then go buy some dinner. We'll restart the other four and then enable cryptonight mining later tonight.

Depending on which mining server you're connected to, you'll be disconnected either in the next five minutes, or in about five hours.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:09 pm

This release has been finished! Happy mining!