Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:38 am

keksik wrote:hello Steve,

today i have tried to connect to ethash, and wasnt able to do so. i tried many variations with ewal/epsw/eworker without any luck.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -ewal MYLOGINonPH -epsw n=rig1 (-eworker MYLOGINonPH.rig1 )
i tried also to add -allpool 1/allcoins 1/mode 1/etc.

i was able to connect to pool,butt every time i end up with this error message,which suggest problem is with login.

"id"=2,"result":null,"error":[-3,"Method'eth_submitLogin'notfoundforservice'mining'",null]

i would be more than glad to suggest proper mining app or settings for claymore.

thank you
Vance is working on this issue now. The cause of the problem is that the mining server keeps shutting itself off due to a failsafe we configured to trigger when no new blocks are being received. He needs to figure out why the ETH daemon isn't able to maintain a connection to the network.

Since this isn't an issue in our code, ETH mining should become available as soon as Vance is able to get the daemon reliably connected.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:53 am

1 MH/S expected charts did NOT update last night after release of the new coded pool version.

I use those numbers to compare to make sure I'm running on the best profit pool and to know when to switch to increase my earnings.
Please fix/update the expected payout chart.

Thanks.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:39 pm

CSZiggy wrote:1 MH/S expected charts did NOT update last night after release of the new coded pool version.

I use those numbers to compare to make sure I'm running on the best profit pool and to know when to switch to increase my earnings.
Please fix/update the expected payout chart.

Thanks.
I'll add a support ticket for Chris to take care of that as soon as we have Ethash mining fully working.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:43 pm

Here's the current status of this release:
  • The unrelated router issue was fixed. We still don't know what caused the router to crash. The issue upon restart was that some base Linux services hadn't restarted before iptables did, so packets were not getting to the servers. Chris set the base services to start first, and that issue was resolved permanently. We can't stop the system from crashing, since we don't know why it did, but we do know that when it restarts it won't take an hour to figure out why it has no connectivity.
  • The reason that Ethash mining is still having issues remains that the ETH daemon is not synchronizing with the blockchain. Vance deleted the blockchain because he believes the files became corrupted. It will take a day for the chain to download again. In the meantime, Chris will be able to get the other coins added.
  • There are no known issues remaining with Neoscrypt mining. All Neoscrypt coins are installed and operational.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:03 pm

Will the 1MH/s expected charts update tonight?

Would like to stay on the pool and mine here but depends on what we are getting paid, and since we never know until the next day what we got paid the day before(seems kind of illegal if you ask me for a contract employee to not be told up front or ahead of time what they will be making until after the work has already been performed but whatever) we need that information to make informed decisions on if we stay or bounce to another pool that might be performing better.

I realize tonight's stats might be lower than expected with reboots, hour of downtime for the router and what not, but what happened to YESTERDAYS numbers?
keksik

Post by keksik » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:29 am

CSZiggy, how you could know in front, how the coins will act? if the hash go low and we can mine for high revenue or if coin price will go up or down too? they dont have magical ball,this is not good comparison with employee. as far as i am aware,the system monitor blockchains and adapt on situation to get the best profit. u can be sure u will get the best option possible. and after the day pass, they show us how we was doing for past day. based on that u can predict next day, thats my understanding.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:34 pm

That's the issue then isn't it Keksik? How could you know in front?

A contract employee is an individual retained by a company for a predetermined time, for a predetermined price. Following this approach, a company is not responsible for providing a variety of traditional employer benefits, including: Taxes. Social security. Workers compensation.

It's hard to form a contract or a verbal agreement when you don't have numbers ahead of time to make decisions.

It's moot anyhow, with no chart info from past 2 days and litecoinpool raising profits 3% I'm swapping until chart infos get updated.
keksik

Post by keksik » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:08 pm

hello can we add more ethash coins? i udenrstand there should be some trading volume of course, so similar volume in addition with the ones already added, are:

callisto CLO
DubaiCoin
MOAC (120k volume)
EtherSocial
Akroma
Metaverse (3M volume)
Yocoin

there are others with 5k volume or less
PegasCoin
Ether1
Atheios
Ellaism
EtherGem

and some i dont know about quality
Nilu
Aura
Nekonium
Victorinum
MIX

and other:)

thank,hope it helps
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:44 pm

keksik wrote:hello can we add more ethash coins? i udenrstand there should be some trading volume of course, so similar volume in addition with the ones already added, are:

callisto CLO
DubaiCoin
MOAC (120k volume)
EtherSocial
Akroma
Metaverse (3M volume)
Yocoin

there are others with 5k volume or less
PegasCoin
Ether1
Atheios
Ellaism
EtherGem

and some i dont know about quality
Nilu
Aura
Nekonium
Victorinum
MIX

and other:)

thank,hope it helps
Chris will look into these as soon as he can. Our limiting factor right now is not coding but investigating the coins and installing them. Over the next few days we're going to look into whether it would be worth shifting resources from coding to coin maintenance.
sirslayerjr

Post by sirslayerjr » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:24 am

what ate the address and port on the neoscrypt mining ??