Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:44 am

Good morning!

Today, we'll be releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt mining. All services except E-Mail will need to be restarted during the release, which we anticipate to occur at 10:30AM EDT. As always, there may be some initial bugs as we work through issues that were unable to be identified during testing.

I'll keep everyone updated here with the latest news as the release proceeds.
keksik

Re: Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

Post by keksik » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:59 am

really looking forward! i have 1GHs ethash rigs, not much but will looking for oportunity to get any coins i like anytime.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:56 pm

The existing algorithms are now working as expected with the new code.

Chris is now working with Vance to enable Neoscrypt mining. Later today, he'll enable ETH mining. Unfortunately, while the code is complete, Chris has yet to install all the other Ethash coins, so it could be a day or two before other coins are available to mine.
sherm77

Post by sherm77 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:40 pm

This is good progress. I was happy with Lyra2rev2, but it will be nice to see if my 19 1080ti's can be more profitable on neoscrypt or eth. From what I can tell, Lyra2rev2 may be my best algo right now, but we shall see.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:45 pm

OK, all algorithms have now been released. Happy mining!
keksik

Post by keksik » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:59 pm

quick question... should i use any further arguments for ethash? i mean i have rig not asic and i have to put something in .bat file for claymore.

this is for ETC for example
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999 -ewal mywallet -eworker rig1 -mode 1

so for prohasing it should look like this:?

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -ewall "empty?" -pass n=rig1

or just

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -pass n=rig1

for some other coins we should use -allpools 1 or -allcoins 1 (if it is not eth/etc but other ethash coins), so is this considered?

please let us know back so we can setup easily and without problems.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:53 pm

I discovered a git merge conflict that caused unnecessary code to be added to the Equihash portion of the share checker. Many equihash shares are currently being rejected incorrectly.

I checked in the changes to correct the issue. Chris will release the changes within an hour or two to correct that issue. I apologize for the problem.
PolakCrypto

Post by PolakCrypto » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:34 am

I think you need to adjust the difficulty for neoscrypt, its acting like its "scrypt" level difficulty starting at 65k off the bat.

Def need to look into that.

Or for the time being whats the lowest difficulty you can start at or tell us what we can put for d=

I think lowest i can do is d=8192 and i submit 1 share in like 5 minutes.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:26 am

PolakCrypto wrote:I think you need to adjust the difficulty for neoscrypt, its acting like its "scrypt" level difficulty starting at 65k off the bat.

Def need to look into that.

Or for the time being whats the lowest difficulty you can start at or tell us what we can put for d=

I think lowest i can do is d=8192 and i submit 1 share in like 5 minutes.
I just fixed this issue. Thanks for the report.
keksik

Post by keksik » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:24 am

hello Steve,

today i have tried to connect to ethash, and wasnt able to do so. i tried many variations with ewal/epsw/eworker without any luck.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -ewal MYLOGINonPH -epsw n=rig1 (-eworker MYLOGINonPH.rig1 )
i tried also to add -allpool 1/allcoins 1/mode 1/etc.

i was able to connect to pool,butt every time i end up with this error message,which suggest problem is with login.

"id"=2,"result":null,"error":[-3,"Method'eth_submitLogin'notfoundforservice'mining'",null]

i would be more than glad to suggest proper mining app or settings for claymore.

thank you