Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
keksik

Re: Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

Post by keksik » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:00 am

sirslayerjr wrote:what ate the address and port on the neoscrypt mining ??
https://prohashing.com/help.html
jaegersb

Post by jaegersb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 am

Hi Guys,

I tried an Antminer E3 and it seems it can't authenticate itself on the server. Likely due to Bitmain adding their worker name.
Below line from the bmminer.log (which repeats every 5 seconds until I pull the plug).

[2018-09-05 09:36:32] (02709)->[auth_stratum_eth]: Will Use Worker Name!->'003FCAE3ABA1'

I doubt we'll get that one running giving Bitmains funny implementation of things, but just for info as somebody else may try and there ain't much wisdom about the E3 out there.

JJ
djliss

Post by djliss » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 am

jaegersb wrote:Hi Guys,

I tried an Antminer E3 and it seems it can't authenticate itself on the server. Likely due to Bitmain adding their worker name.
Below line from the bmminer.log (which repeats every 5 seconds until I pull the plug).

[2018-09-05 09:36:32] (02709)->[auth_stratum_eth]: Will Use Worker Name!->'003FCAE3ABA1'

I doubt we'll get that one running giving Bitmains funny implementation of things, but just for info as somebody else may try and there ain't much wisdom about the E3 out there.

JJ
have you tried ssh'ing on to the unit and editing the .conf for bmminer?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:02 am

JJ
A few tickets have come in about this, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what these miners are doing to the username without owning one myself. As far as I can tell, the miners themselves are fully supported if the correct username can be entered.

How do these work at other pools? Don't they require usernames too, so they know who the money should be paid to?
jaegersb

Post by jaegersb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:25 am

djliss wrote:

JJ
have you tried ssh'ing on to the unit and editing the .conf for bmminer?
Hi,

I did, but the bmminer.conf does not have the '003FCAE3ABA1' in it, so I can't delete it.
"url" : "prohashing.com:3339",
"user" : "jaegersb",
"pass" : "w=800 p=0.26"

In the GUI it shows it as one string "w=800 p=0.26#jaegersb.003FCAE3ABA1" adding that identifier and claims the pool to be dead.
I'll google around to see if there is a way to chop that part, but as said, there is little useful written about E3s on the web.
jaegersb

Post by jaegersb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:

JJ
A few tickets have come in about this, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what these miners are doing to the username without owning one myself. As far as I can tell, the miners themselves are fully supported if the correct username can be entered.

How do these work at other pools? Don't they require usernames too, so they know who the money should be paid to?

Ethermine (with wallet address) work without issue (it makes the 003... the worker-id, but payout in the wallet is unaffected).
Miningpoolhub (with username) has a different port for the E3 on which it runs without issues.
Nicehash stratum can't be resolved, I assume some issue there as over here.

I'll see if I can find something on the interweb and let you know.
hobospices

Post by hobospices » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:44 pm

could we create another account just for the our e3s and add 003FCAE3ABA1 or whatever our own e3 is adding to our user name to make a connection?
Critters

Post by Critters » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Will the E3 asic connect for ethash? I tried but it states connection refused.. Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 am

Critters wrote:Will the E3 asic connect for ethash? I tried but it states connection refused.. Thanks
No. There is a problem with that miner where some random characters get added to the username field. We're still not sure how that miner works with any pool, not just ours, because how can a miner be credited if a pool doesn't know the username?

If you come across a solution for this issue, please share it with everyone!
keksik

Post by keksik » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:57 am

hello, i have checked my miners as they report lower hash rate as they currently have and found it could be cause by switching coins too often. my rig found two shares and then switch other coin, then find another one share and again switch. let me explain. for example i have 9 GPU rig hashing 268Mhs howewer it shows on web page only 229Mhs, which is 14-15% less,which leads to less revenue. i understand there could be some stale share or orphaned,etc, so i understand 5% less,so is possible to switch coins in longer periods?
curently i havepointed here 790Mhs and it is showing only 612Mhs on webpage, thats like 1 whole rig.