Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Releasing Ethash and Neoscrypt today

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 pm

keksik wrote:hello, i have checked my miners as they report lower hash rate as they currently have and found it could be cause by switching coins too often. my rig found two shares and then switch other coin, then find another one share and again switch. let me explain. for example i have 9 GPU rig hashing 268Mhs howewer it shows on web page only 229Mhs, which is 14-15% less,which leads to less revenue. i understand there could be some stale share or orphaned,etc, so i understand 5% less,so is possible to switch coins in longer periods?
curently i havepointed here 790Mhs and it is showing only 612Mhs on webpage, thats like 1 whole rig.
You're right - that's exactly what could happen. However, the mining server only switches coins when the amount of money that would be lost due to the reduced hashrate is less than the amount of money to be gained by switching coins.

Therefore, you shouldn't worry about the hashrate issue. That probably indicates that the system has found a coin with very high profitability. If you were to compare your earnings rather than your hashrate, I bet that they would be higher because of the coins being mined at the times the hashrate is lower.

Also, you might want to note that for the algorithms with more hashrate, this situation is less likely to happen because there aren't as many easy and profitable coins to mine. The algorithms referred to in this thread are new and have fewer miners, so those fewer miners can all be assigned to the most profitable coins, and the miners are able to earn a lot of money.
keksik

Post by keksik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 pm

thank you for your feedback. hopefully profit will be good enough to pass the issue with hashrate.

also can you take alook why im getting so low efficiency? 85.86%
Both primary and merge mined shares are stale 10 0.52%
Duplicate share 260 13.61%
jaegersb

Post by jaegersb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:04 am

Good morning,

I seem to experience the same on sha-256 mining since yesterday. Half the hashrate and reduced efficiency, no changes on my side, connecting straight to prohashing.com:3335.

X11, Equihash and Scrypt run fine for me, I restarted the miners but keep getting the same result.
I connected a single T9 and one Z9 back to the pool now to monitor.
jaegersb

Post by jaegersb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:14 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Critters wrote:Will the E3 asic connect for ethash? I tried but it states connection refused.. Thanks
No. There is a problem with that miner where some random characters get added to the username field. We're still not sure how that miner works with any pool, not just ours, because how can a miner be credited if a pool doesn't know the username?

If you come across a solution for this issue, please share it with everyone!

Hi,

I've been practicing my Chinese with Bitmain support for 2 weeks and basically hit a dead end.

In short, if you want to use an E3, use antpool. Their stance being that it works there, and everything else is not their problem.
Fair point I guess.

Me asking on how to flash/ change/ customize the miner got me the standard answer on voiding warranty, etc. and that they won't support, or tell me how to, ... and that antpool has the lowest fees anyways,...

Miningpoolhub didn't reply to why it works with them and nowhere else, again fair point, they got a competitive advantage, why share to a random stranger? I suspect the particular port they use for the E3 has some logic to discard or ignore the hex-string at the end of the worker-id, but don't ask me how please, I stopped programming when Assembler was still fashionable.
jaegersb

Post by jaegersb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:52 am

jaegersb wrote:Good morning,

I seem to experience the same on sha-256 mining since yesterday. Half the hashrate and reduced efficiency, no changes on my side, connecting straight to prohashing.com:3335.

X11, Equihash and Scrypt run fine for me, I restarted the miners but keep getting the same result.

I think I found the culprit, even tough I had this setup now for a week it only come up this Monday.
Duplicate shares and reduced hashrate when I configure the pool and enable profit-switching on Awesome Miner, with the miner showing active on prohasing and zpool simultaneously.

Doing the right thing (ie manual entry), hashrate reported by miner and pool match.
keksik

Post by keksik » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:00 am

jaegersb wrote:
jaegersb wrote:Good morning,

I think I found the culprit, even tough I had this setup now for a week it only come up this Monday.
Duplicate shares and reduced hashrate when I configure the pool and enable profit-switching on Awesome Miner, with the miner showing active on prohasing and zpool simultaneously.

Doing the right thing (ie manual entry), hashrate reported by miner and pool match.

today i have efficiency even worst! only 79.92%
Duplicate share 490 20.08%

well i did not do any changes for past weeks and it all started couple days ago,what i noticed. because i use to have 99-100% efficiency..i think it is related to my Ethash mining here, because ic an see block for whaelcoin it mined many of them lost, then uncled 75% and orphaned. so someone should take a look on this.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 am

Is someone able to allow me to use an E3 through a remote desktop connection, so that I can get to the bottom of this problem?
keksik

Post by keksik » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:38 am

unfortunately i dont have E3, except that i woudl be glad to help. i have only GPU rigs.
hobospices

Post by hobospices » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm

you can use my E3
jaegersb

Post by jaegersb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Steve,

happy to volunteer my E3 for your testing.