Update on scrypt profitability experiment

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Update on scrypt profitability experiment

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:49 pm

On the past two Mondays, I experimented with scrypt profitability to determine how changes in the mining server's payouts would affect the number of miners and profitability. Since we were away at a waterpark yesterday, I was unable to post the results as early as I would have liked.

Here are the results for this week. For the period of August 21 at midnight to 27 at 11:59pm EDT, we found 1.091 times as many litecoin blocks as expected. Payouts were 1.011 times the expected value. Therefore, the pool made 8% in profit due to good luck, but paid out more than the expected value.

The exceptional luck has continued to allow us to run this experiment longer, so I'm pleased to announce that the current conditions of 7% over baseline will continue for at least one more Monday, at least until Labor Day. In the previous post, I pointed out that the changes are only sustainable in the case that scrypt hashrate doubles. Scrypt hashrate used to average at about 5.5 TH/s, but this morning has been holding around 8.5 TH/s, so that's enough of an increase to see what will happen after another week at this level.

Enjoy the extra profit!
sherm77

Re: Update on scrypt profitability experiment

Post by sherm77 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:24 pm

That's great news, I'll continue to keep my 6 L3+'s here for now :)
Tomas_Novak

Post by Tomas_Novak » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 pm

maybe it would be good to try out the algo equihash
ajcracraft

Post by ajcracraft » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Thanks for the extra crypto! Just wondering, what will happen when the experiment is over? If the hashrate continues to be ~8.5TH/s, will our enhanced profitability continue?