All services to be offline Thursday, September 6

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

All services to be offline Thursday, September 6

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi!

I wanted to announce that all services will be offline on Thursday, September 6. The time of day during which the outage will occur is unknown, but it will take about an hour. After the full outage, there will then be partial outages when some other components like the website are offline but mining continues as normal.

The purpose of the outage is to patch the Spectre vulnerability on all the hypervisors. Chris will be traveling to Philly personally to perform the patches. At the same time, he will also install another half terabyte of memory, to allow for the hosting of Monero and its forks for when Monero mining becomes available later in the year.

Thanks for your patience during this upgrade, which is important to prevent malicious coin daemons from stealing private keys from other coins.

Thanks,

-Steve
rickuht

Re: All services to be offline Thursday, September 6

Post by rickuht » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:09 pm

Backup pools set until PH is back up 100%. Thank you for the notice Steve.
alim

Re: All services to be offline Thursday, September 6

Post by alim » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:20 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Hi!

Chris .. will also install another half terabyte of memory, to allow for the hosting of Monero and its forks for when Monero mining becomes available later in the year.

Thank you! as you know I am keen to get CN coin capability up, though I don't know the technical differences between CN and CN7 etc from a pool owner's perspective!