Scrypt profitability increase of 4%

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
aib

Re: Scrypt profitability increase of 4%

Post by aib » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Since we found a lot of bitcoin blocks, we decided to increase scrypt profitability by 4% this week, beginning immediately, even though this will cause us losses. There were some customers who complained that litecoinpool was paying more than here. This experiment will allow us to determine whether that's true and whether hashrate increases significantly as a result of profitability increases.

Enjoy the extra money!
Could you also add AIB to the merge sCrypt AuxPow ming , so extra sCrypt value to the whole pool?

The AIB will sooner change its name to Assure Intelligence Blockchains .
Currently stablly has the has power around 400G - 900G.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:27 am

I came back to PH for 24-hours when they said they would up the profits by 4% and gave it another test.
For whatever reason the hashrates are still low. I run on litecoinpool for 4 days and get 0-4 rejects from my miner.
In 24-hours I got 79 from this pool. I never see over 550 hashrate on PH, yet I see 650+ on litecoinpool.

Bottom Line, 24 hours on LCP.org was .037378 litecoins.
24-hour payout from Prohashing was .032954

Even with the 4% increase Prohashing is still only paying 88% of what I can make at LCP.org.
If the pool increased ANOTHER 12% it would be where LCP.org was yesterday.
BUT, in 12 more hours LTC difficulty is set to drop another 5-6% which will further increase profits at LCP.org and likely increase their lead in payouts.

The only thing I can figure is with the pool having to underestimate profits to cover itself...orphans, low luck, that miners here are earning less and when the coin conversions happen at 100% instead of the decreased underestimated value from the pool they get less returns than a straight up split. If you mine LTC and its profit says .9, that .9 is a percentage of what the actual value is, maybe its worth 1.0 but the pool underestimating it to protect itself says its only worth .9 but when you go to buy the coins you still need to pay 1.0, and that difference between the profit price the pool pays and then what it has to charge to get your coins best as I can tell is the 10-12% difference in the profits from the pools.

Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 am

CSZiggy wrote:I came back to PH for 24-hours when they said they would up the profits by 4% and gave it another test.
For whatever reason the hashrates are still low. I run on litecoinpool for 4 days and get 0-4 rejects from my miner.
In 24-hours I got 79 from this pool. I never see over 550 hashrate on PH, yet I see 650+ on litecoinpool.

Bottom Line, 24 hours on LCP.org was .037378 litecoins.
24-hour payout from Prohashing was .032954

Even with the 4% increase Prohashing is still only paying 88% of what I can make at LCP.org.
If the pool increased ANOTHER 12% it would be where LCP.org was yesterday.
BUT, in 12 more hours LTC difficulty is set to drop another 5-6% which will further increase profits at LCP.org and likely increase their lead in payouts.

The only thing I can figure is with the pool having to underestimate profits to cover itself...orphans, low luck, that miners here are earning less and when the coin conversions happen at 100% instead of the decreased underestimated value from the pool they get less returns than a straight up split. If you mine LTC and its profit says .9, that .9 is a percentage of what the actual value is, maybe its worth 1.0 but the pool underestimating it to protect itself says its only worth .9 but when you go to buy the coins you still need to pay 1.0, and that difference between the profit price the pool pays and then what it has to charge to get your coins best as I can tell is the 10-12% difference in the profits from the pools.

This price difference is not the cause of this issue - and I can explain more about that tomorrow, when I have more time. However, the number of rejected shares that you have is significant, and that is worth investigation.

Could you submit a support ticket with your username so that I can review the database for the reasons for your rejected shares, to see why you had so many?
JackNRochNY

Post by JackNRochNY » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am

How do I verify the 4% increase in my payouts and differentiate it from my regular earnings? More info pls
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Since we found a lot of bitcoin blocks, we decided to increase scrypt profitability by 4% this week, beginning immediately, even though this will cause us losses. There were some customers who complained that litecoinpool was paying more than here. This experiment will allow us to determine whether that's true and whether hashrate increases significantly as a result of profitability increases.

Enjoy the extra money!
Thanks guys, a little extra compensation for the miners that built ProHashing. ;)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:06 am

JackNRochNY wrote:How do I verify the 4% increase in my payouts and differentiate it from my regular earnings? More info pls
You can review the "selected recent shares" to see how the earnings are calculated. Or, you can look at the instantaneous profitability at the top of the forums, or the daily profitability on the homepage, which reflects the difference over the past few days.