Forum rules

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Steve Sokolowski

Forum rules

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 am

This post lists the rules of the Prohashing forums. It will be continually updated as rules are added or removed. The goal of this list is to be as brief about the rules as possible, because nobody can follow rules that are 100 pages long.

Support
  • The forums may be used to request help from the community. They are not necessarily monitored by Prohashing staff for support requests. Submit a support ticket for individual support requests, such as payout issues.
  • Customers who request support, are told to submit a support ticket, and then continue to make complaints without actually submitting a ticket will be banned and have the post or chat requesting assistance deleted.
Content
  • All content must contain original thought and contribute to the discussion.
  • Posts may not consist entirely of content found verbatim elsewhere on the Internet.
  • Prohashing aimes for a higher bar of conversation. All users must give more value to the forums than they take from others. In general, a post should add more value than it removes - and if it does not, then some other post should make up for it. Examples of giving value are providing new insight into a topic or expressing a nuanced opinion. Examples of taking value are posting a question that will not cause others to learn anything through their assistance, or advertising a product. Users may be banned when their value taken far exceeds their value given. This policy implies that initial posts must provide value so that later posts that take it away do not result in an overall negative contribution.
  • Any discussion of drugs or darknet markets in any context will result in a permanent ban and deletion of the posts. We understand that this rule is extremely strict, but hopefully customers can understand that, for liability reasons, Prohashing can have no association whatsoever what drugs.
Chat
  • All chat messages must contain context. Examples of chat messages with context are "I started mining with my L3+ and at 6:05am EDT yesterday I noticed an increase of rejected shares by 10%." Examples of chat messages without context are "pool down" or "https://site.com."
Spam
  • Links in new threads by newly registered users may only reference sites that cover two or more products or services.
  • Editing a post to include irrelevant links after it was originally posted will result in an immediate and permanent ban.
  • Long-term users who violate the rule will be warned, but zero-post users will be immediately and permanently banned.
  • The primary language of the Prohashing forums is English, and posts in other languages should be directed to other forums.
Conduct
  • Personal attacks on other users are not permitted. In general, the moderation policy on rude behavior is stricter than that of reddit. We err on the side of inclusiveness rather than a policy of total free speech in every circumstance.
JohnEDIII

Re: Forum rules

Post by JohnEDIII » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:20 pm

This person that posted the topic is running a scam "Buy Last Batch for Bitmain Antminer Z11 / S9J 14th / S17 Pro 53TH/S17 (56Th)" They just recently got me for $200 in BTC for a S9j. I don't think Prohashing promotes stuff like this so I am letting you know. I'm hoping I get a refund as promised but I don't think I will. Just don't want anyone else to get scammed like I did.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:37 pm

JohnEDIII wrote:This person that posted the topic is running a scam "Buy Last Batch for Bitmain Antminer Z11 / S9J 14th / S17 Pro 53TH/S17 (56Th)" They just recently got me for $200 in BTC for a S9j. I don't think Prohashing promotes stuff like this so I am letting you know. I'm hoping I get a refund as promised but I don't think I will. Just don't want anyone else to get scammed like I did.
Could you post some evidence of this? In particular, a scan of a receipt or some E-Mails or as much of anything else that you have is what I'm looking for.

Unlike many of the reports of scammers here, this guy apparently made a mistake, exposing his personal information, and I think that this information can be forwarded to the police.
JohnEDIII

Post by JohnEDIII » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:55 pm

I have the screenshots on my phone but I don't know how to post here for you to see. I can email it to you if that is possible?
JohnEDIII

Post by JohnEDIII » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:56 pm

I do have emails of receipt from the purchase of the S9j. Also in that email is the btc address that I sent the BTC to. In hangout it was confirmed that the payment was received. Also stated that I would get the refund. I can email all of this to you. The screenshots of everything is on my phone. Like I stated I just can't attach it from my phone on here. But I have everything that you are asking for.