Problem with share recording

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Problem with share recording

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:49 pm

It looks like about 1 in every 8 shares isn't currently being recorded, because one of the share recorders crashed because it ran out of memory.

Chris will restart the share recorder and will correct balances tonight. We'll add the out of memory error to the tasklist for investigation in August.
ryguy

Re: Problem with share recording

Post by ryguy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Is this why sometimes one or more of the share recorders does not show under the "share recorder info" section? Presently #7 is not displaying information.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:08 pm

No, when asked Steve said that not all the recorders were needed all the time, which seemed very odd, instead of running them all and spreading out the load, if not all of them are needed, some arent utilized? Seems like an issue just waiting to happen but thats what Steve told me when I asked him. If they aren't all needed some shut off and aren't counted.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Oh ok. Sounds strange to me, but I suppose it saves on running a machine when it isn't needed? I'd likely opt to just run them all and spread the load as you mentioned, but at least explains why sometimes some don't appear in the list.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:19 am

And now as predicted issues have started. Only a couple of share recorders are running and share recording is backing up by minutes. No reason to have only a few running at a time.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 am

ryguy wrote:And now as predicted issues have started. Only a couple of share recorders are running and share recording is backing up by minutes. No reason to have only a few running at a time.
Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like there was yet another issue with the WAMP server - six of the share recorders were unable to take any action because of network connectivity issues.

However, we have implemented a lot of failsafes into the system now and it was able to run in a degraded state, with no money being lost and the only impact being inaccurate displayed balances. I restarted the other share recorders and the system returned to normal.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Yes I didn't mean to imply that there was a problem with the shares being processed eventually, only that the processing was backing up because not all the recorders were running.

BTW it appears to be occurring again (EDIT: Looks like they've come back up as I posted this).