Issue with x11 balances

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Issue with x11 balances

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:19 pm

There is an unknown problem with x11 mining balances. We've been investigating the issue for the past 6 hours, but have been unable to determine the cause.

We were able to, however, determine that no money is being lost. Until we can figure out what's wrong, Chris will issue share corrections shortly after midnight to bring earnings in line with actual mined coins.
deathlessdd

Re: Issue with x11 balances

Post by deathlessdd » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 pm

This is better then its been in a while
christoph_999

Post by christoph_999 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:59 am

Is there some data which can be trusted right now like for example the data on the coins?

I will provide an example:
Right now FuturoCoin is showing: 0,00004323 and 100% of the pool is on that coin.
Is this data correct?

Edit: sorry, my question seems to be offtopic because i was (in my mind) combining the text Steve has written now with the alert showing on the site, which says:
An error has caused x11 balances to become too high. No money is being lost, and Chris will make share corrections before payouts are issued each day until the problem is resolved. The live profitability data provided for x11 is not currently valid. The issue is being investigated, but the cause has yet to be identified.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 am

I resolved this error and released the changes. Chris will make the share corrections later today.

It turns out that the problem was caused by some erroneous code that handled coins with low difficulties. Like many things in the system, there is a failsafe to detect an error condition (which should never happen) when a miner is assigned to a coin with very low difficulty but the share difficulty is higher than the network difficulty. If that were to happen, then the miner would be overcredited, because he would be skipping blocks that were easier than the share difficulty. This failsafe has never been triggered in its intended condition because the type of bug it protects against has never been accidentally introduced.

In this case, however, the failsafe itself caused an issue. For x11 and SHA-256, the job difficulty is equal to the network difficulty, while for scrypt, the job difficulty is 65536 times higher. For x11 coins with a difficulty lower than 65536, the share difficulty was counted as 65536. This issue mainly affected static coin miners, who seem to prefer to mine easy coins. I corrected the problem by correctly converting the share difficulty to the network difficulty for this check for all algorithms.

The problem was introduced on June 23, which incidentally is the time that a few tickets came in from some customers complaining about earnings discrepancies.
JAMH2018

Post by JAMH2018 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:27 am

A suggestion for corrections.....
Could I suggest that there is a means to determine what corrections are issued for transparency.

When these types or any type of corrections are issued ( positive or negative) it would be nice to itemise the information.

This would be a great addition in the Earnings/Account activities pane, when it happens.

I've had one instance with a correction, and while it is nice to see inflated earnings it is difficult to determine the exact amount as I think I recall it just appeared as additional coins earned and was not differentiated from mined earnings.

thanks