Update on ZCash fixes

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Update on ZCash fixes

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:06 am

S3KshuN8 wrote:Just curious how close you are to a resolution of this issue. I know elsewhere it's been stated that Zcash wasn't a significant portion of profit, but I don't see how that is possible given that it accounted for roughly 50% of the Equihash hashrate in the 3 days prior to Overwinter being activated. I don't doubt that the Comcast outage today diverted some attention away from this problem and delayed the fix, but hopefully not by much. I hope that your reply is that it's been fixed and Zcash is available again, but if not it would be nice to get an updated ETA on when that should happen. Thanks for all of your hard work!
The parser is finished, but the coin keeps going into error now. I think the problem is with the development server, but until I am able to prove that, we can't release.

The other delay is that there are a lot of tickets that need to be responded to, and I can't start work on fixing the ZCash issue until the tickets are resolved. I'll keep people updated later today.
jeffms2003

Post by jeffms2003 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:51 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
S3KshuN8 wrote:Just curious how close you are to a resolution of this issue. I know elsewhere it's been stated that Zcash wasn't a significant portion of profit, but I don't see how that is possible given that it accounted for roughly 50% of the Equihash hashrate in the 3 days prior to Overwinter being activated. I don't doubt that the Comcast outage today diverted some attention away from this problem and delayed the fix, but hopefully not by much. I hope that your reply is that it's been fixed and Zcash is available again, but if not it would be nice to get an updated ETA on when that should happen. Thanks for all of your hard work!
The parser is finished, but the coin keeps going into error now. I think the problem is with the development server, but until I am able to prove that, we can't release.

The other delay is that there are a lot of tickets that need to be responded to, and I can't start work on fixing the ZCash issue until the tickets are resolved. I'll keep people updated later today.
Any luck on ZCash? I noticed ZClassic is in the mix again.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:54 pm

jeffms2003 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Any luck on ZCash? I noticed ZClassic is in the mix again.
The issue with ZClassic is unrelated to ZCash. The exchanges that offer it continually lock and unlock their wallets, causing us to have to stop offering it periodically because we can't obtain a price.

With ZCash, we still can't get the development environment working to confirm that the changes are successful. We're confident that the fix works, but an unrelated issue is causing the development environment to fail, preventing us from obtaining the confirmation necessary to release the changes.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:38 pm

As an update to this, we reverted the server after an unsuccessful attempt to get ZCash reading transactions. The transactions are read successfully, but miners are disconnected for an unknown reason, and the mining server isn't even printing out that it's disconnecting them when it does.

This is going to take a much longer time to resolve than originally thought. There is something wrong with the development environment, and this issue is obviously too complex to deploy without significant testing, so we're going to have to go back to square one and figure out what is wrong with the development environment before being able to test this.

Right now, we can't provide a time when ZCash will be available for mining again, and Bitcoin Gold will also have to be disabled tomorrow because it is switching algorithms. We'll continue to mine other coins, but their profitability is likely to fall because of the amount of hashrate we are placing on them. I'll keep people updated about progress in this thread.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 am

This issue has been resolved. The changes will be released later tonight.

Thanks for your patience!