ASICBOOST to be released this evening

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
LMC

Re: ASICBOOST to be released this evening

Post by LMC » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
LMC wrote:Hi All
I'm not having much luck with my ASICBOOST experiments!
I've tried at setting 2, 3, 4 and 8. The S9i would only run stable at 2 and 3.
I tried dynamic diff, then 65K, then 131K.
None of the above gave a hashrate above about 7.5 TH/s. [normal hashrate = 13.5 TH/s].
Mining efficiency continued to drop at all settings, with reason: "miner is using an incorrect algorithm".
The only setting I changed in the miner conf file was:
"multi-version" : "x" [1=standard setting, 2 or higher for ASICBOOST]
For the moment, I'm going back to standard settings!

Any ideas?
We're aware of this issue. The S9 uses a different version of ASICBOOST from the "version rolling" implementation, for which there is no documentation. I wasn't able to figure out what the "multi version" stratum command is supposed to do, and there is a post and a ticket out asking people what it means.

If you can find more documentation on how to implement support for the stratum commands the S9 uses for ASICBOOST, we'll be glad to implement it. Do you have any links?
No, nothing yet. I need to do some research..