ASICBOOST implemented but not released due to testing

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

ASICBOOST implemented but not released due to testing

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 am

I'm pleased to announce that we implemented support for ASICBOOST in SHA-256 or whatever other algorithms support it in the future. We were able to prove that every individual component of the implementation works, but nobody has replied to any of our support tickets, E-Mails, or contacts regarding renting or buying a miner for testing.

The mining.configure() method for ASICBOOST is present but I added code to throw an exception to ASICBOOST miners that connect to the pool. The exception provides a message requesting that the customer submit a support ticket. We need to use their or another person's miner to allow us to find blocks on the bitcoin testnet so we can release the feature publicly. We are confident that the code works as-is and I estimate that we can get ASICBOOST enabled within two days after we obtain the equipment to test.

If you are able to rent or sell ASICBOOST miners so that we can perform the final testing, please contact us with what you have available and the price.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alim

Re: ASICBOOST implemented but not released due to testing

Post by alim » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,

I have written to the company behind ASICBOOST and will keep you appraised of any updates. Happy to sacrifice a day on one of mine to see if we can get the 20% throughput increase they promise - that alone would keep me going a bit longer!

Ali M