Algorithm-specific ports coming tonight

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Algorithm-specific ports coming tonight

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Tonight, we'll be issuing a new mining server release that will enable the use of algorithm-specific ports. Algorithm-specific ports allow miners to connect to the mining server without needing to use the "a=" password argument. The feature is required for ETH and XMR mining, because the stratum protocol for those two algorithms is so different than that used by the other coins.

However, algorithm-specific ports are also useful for another reason: they allow customers to connect without an initial difficulty for scrypt being sent to the miner. The stratum protocol is poorly designed in that it allows users to connect to a server and subscribe to receive work before they have even authenticated themselves. That means that pools need to send an initial difficulty and initial work to the miner before the "a=" password argument is received. Some mining software won't wait for the second difficulty to be received, and will disconnect the miner for being too easy or too difficult.

If you're having trouble connecting to the system, try using one of the algorithm-specific ports, as listed in the documentation, once they are released tonight. The release will require a two-minute restart.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Algorithm-specific ports coming tonight

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 am

This feature was released successfully. If you had trouble with connectivity in the past, try using an algorithm-specific port and let us know how it goes!
djliss

Post by djliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:41 pm

I can confirm DSTM miner now works on the equihash port of 3336 using comma separated password arguments without using mrr as a proxy.

Happy days!!

Well done steve, since i have been mining here (november last year) i have seen improvement after improvement, keep up the good work guys!!
JonSmith

Post by JonSmith » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 pm

I can confirm x11 port 3334 is working. Also seems like I'm getting a better connection and a little more H/s rate, Cheers!
djliss

Post by djliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:12 pm

NHEQMINER also works on the equihash port for CPU mining