Note about MiningRigRentals

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Note about MiningRigRentals

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 am

Hi,

A few customers recently have noticed that MiningRigRentals users are intermittently unable to connect. The cause of this problem is that MiningRigRentals uses a single IP address for all of their rentals, and they allow their customers to send as many invalid authentication requests as they would like to the system. Anyone can rent hashrate from MiningRigRentals and improperly configure it, causing thousands of invalid authentication requests per minute and resulting in a temporary ban of the IP address.

There are three solutions to this problem. If you are directing your own miners through MiningRigRentals, the preferred solution is to directly mine here. That will result in lower latency and higher profits anyway. If you are renting from MiningRigRentals, you can set up a proxy server on a different IP address, and that will allow us to differentiate your traffic from the improper rentals. Finally, you can rent from NiceHash instead, as NiceHash prevents too many invalid authentication attempts.

We apologize for this issue. Unfortunately, we can't unblock or adjust the ban threshold, as the threshold is needed to prevent CPU overload from reducing profits for other customers.

Thanks,

-Steve
hikan2

Re: Note about MiningRigRentals

Post by hikan2 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:53 pm

What happened to your profitability? Your yield has become very low!!!! It is even lower than rent from Nice Hash!!! Accordingly, your overall hashrate goes down!!!
jpuche27

Post by jpuche27 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:05 pm

hikan2 wrote:What happened to your profitability? Your yield has become very low!!!! It is even lower than rent from Nice Hash!!! Accordingly, your overall hashrate goes down!!!
Yes, and they always have a problem with the shares or something. And steve said they solved the problem. But i lost a half day and they didnt get anything. I am seriously considering to change to another pool.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 27, 2018 1:40 pm

hikan2 wrote:What happened to your profitability? Your yield has become very low!!!! It is even lower than rent from Nice Hash!!! Accordingly, your overall hashrate goes down!!!
NiceHash can often have good profitability on days when there are coins that are not listed on exchanges and those coins have low difficulty. Sometimes, people are willing to pay a lot more than the going rate to rent hashpower and direct it at those coins, in the hopes that someday they will be worth something.

Unfortunately, this isn't true all of the time, only when there are new coins available, so the key is being an insider and knowing when someone is going to release a coin and pre-mine it this way.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 27, 2018 1:41 pm

jpuche27 wrote:
Yes, and they always have a problem with the shares or something. And steve said they solved the problem. But i lost a half day and they didnt get anything. I am seriously considering to change to another pool.
There are a few miners with low hashrate who, because of the low number of shares they submit, may have received less than what they would expected simply due to poor luck. GPU and CPU miners are some examples. If you're one of those affected, please submit a support ticket and Chris will see if a one-time one-person exception can be made for you.
jpuche27

Post by jpuche27 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
jpuche27 wrote:
There are a few miners with low hashrate who, because of the low number of shares they submit, may have received less than what they would expected simply due to poor luck. GPU and CPU miners are some examples. If you're one of those affected, please submit a support ticket and Chris will see if a one-time one-person exception can be made for you.
Steve, i submited support ticket because my the problems i had on sunday but i am waiting for a answer from chris. I think it is very rude from you. And today you have a problem with profit update?? Or will i lose again??
DuncanBoaz

Post by DuncanBoaz » Tue May 29, 2018 10:41 am

Steve,

In regards to MRR, is there a way to direct machines to owned Machines via MMR to PH through a Proxy to establish a differentiation from the Invalid Shares?

Will simply setting the proxy stratum in the help do the trick? proxy.prohashing.com:443
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue May 29, 2018 10:55 am

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 am

DuncanBoaz wrote:Steve,

In regards to MRR, is there a way to direct machines to owned Machines via MMR to PH through a Proxy to establish a differentiation from the Invalid Shares?

Will simply setting the proxy stratum in the help do the trick? proxy.prohashing.com:443
You'll need to set up your own proxy server. We can't offer a public server because then whoever is abusing their service will simply direct the miners at the proxy server, and get the proxy server banned.