Mining bonus today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Mining bonus today

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:20 am

The mining server encountered an issue that caused all shares to be lost between 21:15:25 and 22:38:54 EDT (UTC+4) yesterday July 23. We were performing database maintenance and programmed the mining server to store the shares in memory until the maintenance was complete, but the mining server encountered a bug and crashed, causing all the shares in memory to be lost. Since the server was still accepting shares during that time, we still found blocks, but nothing was entered into the database. In fairness to our miners, I will be doing the best I can to compensate for the missing time.

It is impractical to calculate the missing earnings. Therefore, today I will be offering a bonus to all miners. At the end of today, Friday July 24, I will be increasing all users' daily earnings by 6%, which is slightly more than the amount of time the the mining server lost yesterday. There is no limit to the additional earnings, and you didn't even have to be mining during the outage to take advantage of today's bonus.

Please feel free to comment if you have any questions. Thanks for your understanding and for mining with Prohashing!

Edited 7/24/2015 2:43AM to show exact times
tucsondirect

Re: Compensation for lost shares

Post by tucsondirect » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:35 am

Not a big deal :) you guys have been great at keeping things running and staying ahead of major issues, And are incredibly responsive to miner's concerns....
Dave2o

Post by Dave2o » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:42 am

tucsondirect wrote:Not a big deal :) you guys have been great at keeping things running and staying ahead of major issues, And are incredibly responsive to miner's concerns....
tucsondirect is correct - it is not a big deal, the service you are offering is fantastic :) :)

However I do think that the bug might be back as I just noticed my reported overall hash rate drop to '0' but when I look at the accepted rate for each miner they are all working away as hard as can be ....
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:21 am

Dave2o wrote:
tucsondirect wrote:Not a big deal :) you guys have been great at keeping things running and staying ahead of major issues, And are incredibly responsive to miner's concerns....
tucsondirect is correct - it is not a big deal, the service you are offering is fantastic :) :)

However I do think that the bug might be back as I just noticed my reported overall hash rate drop to '0' but when I look at the accepted rate for each miner they are all working away as hard as can be ....

Dave2o There was a slight blip in the stratum server (thinking reboot/update) which caused my miners to fail-over it was only for about 5-7mins and you are likely seeing a 0 average pull down from that short period where no shares were generated :)... Have you setup a fail-over pool for these short instances?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Mining bonus today

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:44 am

We're trying to figure this out. I'm not clear what changed in this work on the solid state disks, as the system is running far faster than before, but these issues are occurring.

Don't worry; Chris will increase this 6% bonus today if it turns out that people were mining shares that were not recorded. I set aside the entire day tomorrow to rewrite the way shares are stored in the database, so that this doesn't happen again.
dexubdg

Post by dexubdg » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Thank You Brothers :)
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:19 am

Since there was also just a period of 1 hour between 11PM and 12:00AM, I am retoractively increasing the bonus to 10%. Hopefully Steve will fix the server tomorrow.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:01 am

The balances for July 24 have been adjusted by 10%. You should see extra money in your accounts that will be paid today.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 am

For those confused, this bonus, which was paid already, is over, since the bugs are fixed. Thanks to those who mined.