Planned server downtime on Friday at 3:00PM EDT

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Planned server downtime on Friday at 3:00PM EDT

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:37 pm

I will be taking the server offline for about 30 minutes tomorrow 9/5/2014 at 3:00PM EDT in order to install a replacement router.

This replacement router will enable the pool to have a higher number of connections to peers, thus reducing block orphanage rates. I will make a post when I take the server offline and when it comes back online.

This should be the last extended outage that the pool will face in the near future, although there may be one or two 5-minute periods of downtime on the weekends when we deploy new code for the site. Once we make a public launch, even these outages will not occur.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Planned server downtime on Friday at 3:00PM EDT

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 pm

The router has been replaced and the server is back online. Please let me know if you have any connection issues.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Planned server downtime on Friday at 3:00PM EDT

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:28 pm

I have to delay the deployment of the router until 5PM EDT. I apologize in advance for the downtime.