May 3 balances increased to compensate for downtime

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

May 3 balances increased to compensate for downtime

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu May 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the issue with the mining server over the morning. We have corrected the underlying bug, but the balances of miners were still abnormally low indicating that some shares during that period were not credited properly.

I went through our wallets and found that we had an additional $21,000 that was not credited during that period, so I have added $21,000 to miners' May 3 balances proportional to their hashrate around that time. The hashrate charts have also been adjusted to account for the additional earnings. I will continue monitoring the pool's balances over the next day, and if any additional funds appear, I will credit them as well.

Again, we apologize for the issue, and we thank you for continuing to mine with us.

Sincerely,

-Chris Sokolowski
TravisMining

Re: May 3 balances increased to compensate for downtime

Post by TravisMining » Fri May 04, 2018 3:43 am

where do we check this?
mikasdjricky

Post by mikasdjricky » Fri May 04, 2018 5:23 am

Thanks Chris, working like that, sure to be minning with prohashing.

Best regards.

Paulo Ricardo
localwonder

Post by localwonder » Fri May 04, 2018 10:33 am

Chris you did a great job with this. Thank you for your diligent and hasty reaction to the issue.

Keep up the good work

Michael
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Fri May 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:Hi everyone,

I apologize for the issue with the mining server over the morning. We have corrected the underlying bug, but the balances of miners were still abnormally low indicating that some shares during that period were not credited properly.

I went through our wallets and found that we had an additional $21,000 that was not credited during that period, so I have added $21,000 to miners' May 3 balances proportional to their hashrate around that time. The hashrate charts have also been adjusted to account for the additional earnings. I will continue monitoring the pool's balances over the next day, and if any additional funds appear, I will credit them as well.

Again, we apologize for the issue, and we thank you for continuing to mine with us.

Sincerely,

-Chris Sokolowski
Where should we look for that adjustment ...My earning for that day was like 0.012xxxx ...versus average of 0.015xxxx BCH per days before and after that ...like 20-25% lower ... Could you check and let me know ?
o51888

Post by o51888 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:24 pm

ZiGen wrote:
Chris Sokolowski wrote:Hi everyone,

Sincerely,

-Chris Sokolowski
Where should we look for that adjustment ...My earning for that day was like 0.012xxxx ...versus average of 0.015xxxx BCH per days before and after that ...like 20-25% lower ... Could you check and let me know ?
same question.Where should we look for that adjustment?
Nick53

Post by Nick53 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:30 am

When and how much I was compensated for loss? I connected 5\3\2018 RENTED MINING RIGS over 7 Gh!!!
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat May 05, 2018 2:08 am

I would guess the compensation is to the pool miners.

Not sure how luck of solo miners would ever be computed to be paid out, so if you were solo mining, I don't think you're getting anything.
mmob

Post by mmob » Sat May 05, 2018 3:49 am

I hate to be the wet blanket of this party, but I do not think the compensation was done completely fair...
When looking at my earnings (let's take $, even though I would really like to look at the number of coins), and we take the average of the previous 3 days as 100% (29/4, 30/4, 1/5), then my earnings looks like this:
29: 102%
30: 100%
1: 98%
2: 86%
3: 77%
4: 99%

So, clearly the $ trend was slightly down over those days and that could account for some of the 86% (2/5), but ProHashing was accepting my hashes that complete day BUT there was no payout for at least the last hour and 21 minutes of the day... Also for 3/5, more than 1 hour and 20 minutes (then I had to leave for work, but I'm sure it was much more) of hashing was accepted but not paid out.

Now, in $ terms we are talking about peanuts, but in my book fair should be fair...

My question: for the sake of transparency, are you prepared to tell me exactly how much I was compensated and exactly how that was calculated?
If so, I will open a ticket and you can do so. If not, I will be quite disappointed...
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 05, 2018 7:54 am

mmob wrote:I hate to be the wet blanket of this party, but I do not think the compensation was done completely fair...
When looking at my earnings (let's take $, even though I would really like to look at the number of coins), and we take the average of the previous 3 days as 100% (29/4, 30/4, 1/5), then my earnings looks like this:
29: 102%
30: 100%
1: 98%
2: 86%
3: 77%
4: 99%

So, clearly the $ trend was slightly down over those days and that could account for some of the 86% (2/5), but ProHashing was accepting my hashes that complete day BUT there was no payout for at least the last hour and 21 minutes of the day... Also for 3/5, more than 1 hour and 20 minutes (then I had to leave for work, but I'm sure it was much more) of hashing was accepted but not paid out.

Now, in $ terms we are talking about peanuts, but in my book fair should be fair...

My question: for the sake of transparency, are you prepared to tell me exactly how much I was compensated and exactly how that was calculated?
If so, I will open a ticket and you can do so. If not, I will be quite disappointed...
Chris, who ran the queries to perform the updates, can help you with that. Feel free to submit a support ticket, and he can look up that exact information.