Errors overnight

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Errors overnight

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu May 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Chris is looking into this issue. An initial investigation shows that the pool made too much profit yesterday, so he's trying to figure out what the correct amount is.
TravisMining

Post by TravisMining » Thu May 03, 2018 2:13 pm

me too i cant we 24/7 monitoring everything but i have around 50% losses i should be have around 8000 xvg and i in slightly above 4k, no one should restart server without a heads-up so we can switch to avoid hashing power, i still have to pay for utilities you know?
Foxx

Post by Foxx » Thu May 03, 2018 3:15 pm

TravisMining wrote:... no one should restart server without a heads-up...
i bitched about just this months ago. to no avail.

i don't know of any coder(s) that would implement code without testing it on a test site to be sure that it works. i don't know why they implement code upgrades(?) in a live environment here, it is really not Pro(fessional).
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Don't forget there was a difficulty increase, so profits might be down 10% on the scrypt network.
And there was a release, that stopped paying customers for shares that were already found and should have been marked stale.

So maybe seeing a 15% drop is normal situation from those two things happening.
mmob

Post by mmob » Thu May 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Well, since they must have the "Accepted Hashrate" data (I can display that for my miner on their site), surely they can calculate how many shares should have been paid during this period(s) that hashrate was accepted, but no payout occurred... (from 04:38:46 European time until ?)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu May 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Foxx wrote:

i don't know of any coder(s) that would implement code without testing it on a test site to be sure that it works. i don't know why they implement code upgrades(?) in a live environment here, it is really not Pro(fessional).
Releases have to be performed at some point, unfortunately.

While a significant amount of testing can be done before a release, there are so many different types of miners and so many different exchanges that there's no way to be completely sure that everything will work perfectly until a release occurs. In some other types of software, like single-player games, bugs are unlikely after release because there aren't other systems to interact with.

As mentioned earlier, Chris will continue to investigate the issue and hopes to be able to announce share corrections within a few hours.
Avispa

Post by Avispa » Thu May 03, 2018 6:04 pm

Tru
TravisMining

Post by TravisMining » Fri May 04, 2018 12:05 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Foxx wrote:

Releases have to be performed at some point, unfortunately.

While a significant amount of testing can be done before a release, there are so many different types of miners and so many different exchanges that there's no way to be completely sure that everything will work perfectly until a release occurs. In some other types of software, like single-player games, bugs are unlikely after release because there aren't other systems to interact with.

As mentioned earlier, Chris will continue to investigate the issue and hopes to be able to announce share corrections within a few hours.
the issue is: send an email, put a banner, do a tweet give it a tiimeframe and specify the scope of the work, even if it is an emergency, and even so, cutting all connections and make the miners go for the failover pool already set on miners take care of it, why making us hash nonstop?

i think that you should take a 48h avg hashrate per user then do an avg usd per mh/s and pay that many shares that were lost during those hours, because obviously you don't know what was lost, and even when you guys are nice and all, we are paying a fee and stuff, this is not pro-bono is it? is a business and we choose your business because is convenient, not because we like you or not, because that's besides the point, if you have loses over this issues well it's like, not our fault, whay should we take the axe for it? shouldnt be a corporate responsability or employee responsability?.

i dont want this to feel like i'm ranting, and not telling you how to run your business, it's just an opinion