Brief restart tonight

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Brief restart tonight

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:16 pm

A brief restart tonight will fix three issues: CashAddr support, the inability to merge mine 6 SHA-256 coins that is reducing profitability, and keeping equihash miners from disconnecting. It will take about 2 minutes.
shtrudel

Re: Brief restart tonight

Post by shtrudel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:26 am

Steve, there was already 2 reboots.
I understand when you need to update something and reboot needed. But it really shouldn't be multiple reboots.
shtrudel

Post by shtrudel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:31 am

Third one...
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:42 am

look, this pool is bringing on massive new features (sha256, equihash) and supporting new crypto concepts (cashaddr) and you begrudge a few minutes out of the day? and these boots include a feature that should actually improve profitablity (sha merge mining fix.)

may i suggest you try ispace.co.uk ? they never seem to add, improve, or adjust anyting, such stale stability should make you ecstatic.
mpump1

Post by mpump1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:05 pm

so... how do you use the sha256 pool? I can't find anything on the web site that shows a URL????
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:00 am

mpump1 wrote:so... how do you use the sha256 pool? I can't find anything on the web site that shows a URL????
Point your miners to stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333, and use password "a=sha-256."
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:03 am

shtrudel wrote:Steve, there was already 2 reboots.
I understand when you need to update something and reboot needed. But it really shouldn't be multiple reboots.
As far as we can tell, the mining servers are now performing optimally with the algorithms we have now, so the last scheduled reboot for this release cycle has passed.

Like all companies, we proceed in cycles: a new algorithm is released, and the process of doing that degrades the quality of the software, requiring bugs to be fixed over the next few weeks. Eventually, the system becomes very reliable, until the next algorithm is released and the process repeats.

In this cycle, we are now in the "reliable" phase, and I aim to release Ethereum mining in a month or two. The unstable phase of the cycle lasted from early March until yesterday, when we resolved the last critical bug on the list.