Need iPhone to reproduce two-factor authentication issue

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Need iPhone to reproduce two-factor authentication issue

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am

There is a two-factor authentication issue that seems to occur with Apple products only. We would like to use an iPhone to try to reproduce the issue so that Constance can fix it.

iPhones are expensive, so we don't want to buy one to fix just one bug. Instead, we'd like to rent one for a week or two and then return it. If someone has an unused iPhone sitting around, we're willing to pay for shipping in both directions as well as a rental fee for the time the phone isn't in your possession. Think of it as free money for something that's sitting in your basement anyway.

Please reply to this post if you're interested.
d2391

Re: Need iPhone to reproduce two-factor authentication issue

Post by d2391 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:10 pm

I have an old iPhone 5 I could send. Are you looking for something newer than that?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:00 pm

d2391 wrote:I have an old iPhone 5 I could send. Are you looking for something newer than that?
No, that's fine. How much do you want for the rental?
MistyWaters

Post by MistyWaters » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:50 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
d2391 wrote:I have an old iPhone 5 I could send. Are you looking for something newer than that?
No, that's fine. How much do you want for the rental?
Hello Steve,

Please let us know when this issue is fixed, have been trying to get 2FA setup for some time now.

Thanks,
d2391

Post by d2391 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:12 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:No, that's fine. How much do you want for the rental?
Sorry I missed the first notification somehow, but got the notification from mistywaters' post.

If you haven't already found one by now, something like $25 + shipping costs in BTC/LTC seems fair
mpump1

Post by mpump1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Any ETR for this issue, I've been waiting for a month and have not mined at prohashing because my account is no secured???
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 am

mpump1 wrote:Any ETR for this issue, I've been waiting for a month and have not mined at prohashing because my account is no secured???
Can you use another device for two-factor authentication in the meantime?
sherm77

Post by sherm77 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:49 pm

I had a problem with Authy and scanning the code, always said it was an invalid QR code. I used a QR code reader, copy/pasted the secret that was shown and entered it manually in Authy and then was able to authenticate on PH.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:54 am

d2391 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:No, that's fine. How much do you want for the rental?
Sorry I missed the first notification somehow, but got the notification from mistywaters' post.

If you haven't already found one by now, something like $25 + shipping costs in BTC/LTC seems fair
These phones are only worth $70. Surely $25 for one week is a lot, given that we will probably only use it for a few hours until we fix the issue.

If you're willing to accept $15, plus shipping both ways, for a maximum of one week's use between the time we receive it and ship it back, then you have a deal. Please submit a support ticket about this issue and we can work out the details. Thanks!
blakeman12

Post by blakeman12 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:25 am

Isn't Authy app working for you IPhone people?