Chris to restart later today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris to restart later today

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Chris will restart the mining servers later tonight to apply some performance improvements. In addition to the performance improvements, we'll also be making some changes that are less likely to prevent connections from users of cloud mining services, when another person using the cloud mining service has misconfigured his or her miners. The restart will only take one or two minutes.
CSZiggy

Re: Chris to restart later today

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:18 pm

Haven't been able to single coin mine with mining-rig-rentals for the past 2 months or so.
No matter how long I wait to try another C= coin, 15 mins, 20 mins, an hour...Mining-rig-rentals shows prohashing in error and bounces me to backup pools.

Directly connecting the machine to prohashing works fine and I can swap coins about every 10-12 mins if I want to.

Will this fix that service or is this a nicehash service fix?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 am

CSZiggy wrote:Haven't been able to single coin mine with mining-rig-rentals for the past 2 months or so.
No matter how long I wait to try another C= coin, 15 mins, 20 mins, an hour...Mining-rig-rentals shows prohashing in error and bounces me to backup pools.

Directly connecting the machine to prohashing works fine and I can swap coins about every 10-12 mins if I want to.

Will this fix that service or is this a nicehash service fix?
We had previously assumed that each IP address was used by one person, but it turns out that there are some IP addresses with multiple people, like cloud mining services. Until last night, the system would disallow connections by IP address for issues like misconfigured mining rigs.

Now, that has changed, and we no longer disallow connections from any individual IP address, so that miners who happen to mine from the same address as other miners that are misconfigured will not be disconnected.
Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:54 am

Since roughly this time last night I've noticed my miners (10 A4+s) have been constantly restarting every few minutes. I hear the intense noise from the other room as the fans ramp all the way up to 100% during the restart. I've had no issues at all for over a month. Could whatever changed last night have some effect on me? I solo mine Verge and that's all I currently have set.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:47 pm

I don't think so, as this seems to be an isolated report. Perhaps someone else can confirm whether or not this issue happens to them?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:14 pm

My A4+ newest FEB? I think firmware, has had issues mining on prohash ever since I got it in December.
The A4+ does't like to swap coins, so to get good numbers from it I've had to go single coin static.

Verge is probably a good choice. But as I was seeing higher payouts of my litecoins on litecoinpool and it didn't swap coins I moved the A4+ there and get full credit 24-7 for it running there, no restarts or reboots.

Good Luck!
Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Feb update, no issue until last night.

Verge solo, so no coin swapping.
Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:00 am

I moved all my miners over to MPH and I haven't had a single restart yet. Whatever changed here completely trashed my miner's ability to continuously hash.