Coin changes - Additions and discontinuations

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Coin changes - Additions and discontinuations

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 am

slack is not supported here anymore for some reason
bsock

Post by bsock » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 am

NEO cannot be mined. I'm not sure about the others, but I don't think Cardano can be mined either. Usually in these cases I just mine for the most profitable and send the currency to the exchange where you can pick up NEO or whatever else. Please let me know if you have a better way...
skuthan wrote:So many great suggestions, I'll just list a bunch, most of which have already been requested.

Top 100 (for this second anyway)
NEO
ADA
IOTA
LSK
QTUM
VEN
XRB
OMG
WTC
GNT
REQ
KNC
ZRX

Smaller caps for now: SUB, QSP, LINK, CVC, VIBE, ENJ, NAV, STORM, UTK, WABI.
vaultminer

Post by vaultminer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 am

Can you add Tether as a payout option (USDT)?
mattimiofoldesi

Post by mattimiofoldesi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:39 pm

bsock wrote:NEO cannot be mined. I'm not sure about the others, but I don't think Cardano can be mined either. Usually in these cases I just mine for the most profitable and send the currency to the exchange where you can pick up NEO or whatever else. Please let me know if you have a better way...
skuthan wrote:So many great suggestions, I'll just list a bunch, most of which have already been requested.

NEO
ADA
IOTA
LSK
QTUM
VEN
XRB
OMG
WTC
GNT
REQ
KNC
ZRX

Yes, many of the more popular coins can not be mined. Prohashing would have to purchase coins they wish to add, in bulk, hold in cold storage and send pay outs from there to miners who want pay outs in that particular coin. It wouldnt be difficult other than remembering to manually "refill" the cold storage wallet. The benefit is that being able to be paid out in unmineable, popular coins would attract new users. I suggest polling to find the most request coin to start with and see how it goes.
MitchellMint

Post by MitchellMint » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 am

NEO
ADA
IOTA
LSK
QTUM
VEN
XRB
OMG
WTC
GNT
REQ
KNC
ZRX

Ill second DPoS Lisk and add a PoS TRUST for conversation.
TrustPlus Dev
MitchellMint

Post by MitchellMint » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am

mattimiofoldesi wrote:
bsock wrote:NEO cannot be mined. I'm not sure about the others, but I don't think Cardano can be mined either. Usually in these cases I just mine for the most profitable and send the currency to the exchange where you can pick up NEO or whatever else. Please let me know if you have a better way...

NEO
ADA
IOTA
LSK
QTUM
VEN
XRB
OMG
WTC
GNT
REQ
KNC
ZRX

Yes, many of the more popular coins can not be mined. Prohashing would have to purchase coins they wish to add, in bulk, hold in cold storage and send pay outs from there to miners who want pay outs in that particular coin. It wouldnt be difficult other than remembering to manually "refill" the cold storage wallet. The benefit is that being able to be paid out in unmineable, popular coins would attract new users. I suggest polling to find the most request coin to start with and see how it goes.
Or just contact the devs for a solution. Devs better be in it for distribution of coins and let the miners worry about pricing.
TrustPlus Dev
ardorfan

Post by ardorfan » Sun May 06, 2018 6:18 am

Hi :)

I would like to ask for the possibillity to add ARDOR or IGNIS to the coins for the payment method.

basicly it is a whole new Ecosystem simmilar to Etherum with possibillites of Childchains and Assets.

Voting is also a nice idea :D
Count Duku

Post by Count Duku » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:28 am

I noticed Golem and Tron were added. Any other ERC20 tokens that I missed? I am constantly checking the list, but the list is getting quite long.

It would be nice if the new coins could be announced here when they are added.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:38 am

Count Duku wrote:I noticed Golem and Tron were added. Any other ERC20 tokens that I missed? I am constantly checking the list, but the list is getting quite long.

It would be nice if the new coins could be announced here when they are added.
We've been making an effort to post the new coin additions to our Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ accounts when the occur, although they may show up in the coin list a day of two before they are officially announced.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:49 am

I have finally updated this post to list coins that will be discontinued in the near future. I will also be posting error messages on the affected coins to alert users to the pending discontinuation.