Coin changes - Additions and discontinuations

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Coin changes - Additions and discontinuations

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Thanks for the update. I subscribe to Poloniex's twitter feed and saw those messages too. The only coins that really affect us are FLT and YACC, which are only listed on Poloniex. All the other coins are listed on other exchanges. That's why I marked FLT and YACC for discontinuation next week because we won't have any exchanges for them.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:11 am

The following coins have been removed from the pool yesterday:

September 3:

Coins with no working exchanges:

Donationcoin (removed from Bleutrade)
Fluttercoin (being discontinued by Poloniex)
NewZealandcoin
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:41 pm

The following coins have been removed from the pool today:

September 10 pending discontinuation:

Aircoin
Artcurrency
Bitmark

Coins with low earnings:

Corgicoin

I will be monitoring Bitmark to see if Poloniex fixes it. If so, then I will re-add it to the pool. For now, it is shut down to save resources on our servers.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:48 pm

The following coins were discontinued today:

B2Coin
Yamahacoin

Coins with low earnings:

Bombcoin
Craftcoin-CRAFT
Cobracoin
KRcoin
Shrekcoin
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:09 pm

The following coins were discontinued today:

Coins with low earnings:

Vertcoin
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Vegascoin
Can you give us a update on what the status of VGC is. I had my deposit rejected by Novaexchange they said they dont know why it was rejected.. I looked at the forums and this coin seems like it is dead.. On the exchange there is a big spread between bid and ask. Yet I see this coin being mined sometimes.. It is easy to find blocks because hardly any hashrate is on this coin but you go to sell it you cant get a good bid so I would think this coin should be removed from this pool also? I dont know how the system works. But can you look at the health of the coin and see if there is something wrong. I put all my hashpower on it and hardly made anything for hours.. Where as any other coin in the same time period would have made a dollar.. Just guessing I did no tests but it seemed like the pool was not buying the coins from nova exchange as i went there when i was mining the coin and saw no purchases.. So my deposit over there got sent back here
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:13 pm

CritterDog wrote:Vegascoin
Can you give us a update on what the status of VGC is. I had my deposit rejected by Novaexchange they said they dont know why it was rejected.. I looked at the forums and this coin seems like it is dead.. On the exchange there is a big spread between bid and ask. Yet I see this coin being mined sometimes.. It is easy to find blocks because hardly any hashrate is on this coin but you go to sell it you cant get a good bid so I would think this coin should be removed from this pool also? I dont know how the system works. But can you look at the health of the coin and see if there is something wrong. I put all my hashpower on it and hardly made anything for hours.. Where as any other coin in the same time period would have made a dollar.. Just guessing I did no tests but it seemed like the pool was not buying the coins from nova exchange as i went there when i was mining the coin and saw no purchases.. So my deposit over there got sent back here
Correction my deposit is still sitting over at Nova exchange for 2 days and it says "incoming" but not being credited. Here is transaction idTransaction ID: 21ffc4f1f0898e909dbbd1fa10f0c8f6ad40d8cd214573435e987555df109f6f
VGC
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks for the information about VGC. I will look into this. We had a similar issue with the pool's VGC deposits to Cryptopia (when they still supported VGC). Our deposits would show up as confirmed, but there would also be "phantom deposits" that were unconfirmed in Cryptopia's wallet. I think the cause was that the VGC chain would fork, reversing deposits that were pending confirmation, and Cryptopia had not programmed their site to deal with transactions reversed due to forks. I suspect this is the same cause of your deposit not confirming in Novaexchange. The transaction is not in our block explorer, which is odd considering we were the ones who issued it, leading me to believe that a transaction on a fork is indeed a cause. I will post an update in about two hours when I get home and have better access to the system. I will resend the transaction if I confirm it was on a forked chain. As for removing the "pending" balance in Novaexchange, you would have to contact them about that.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:Thanks for the information about VGC. I will look into this. We had a similar issue with the pool's VGC deposits to Cryptopia (when they still supported VGC). Our deposits would show up as confirmed, but there would also be "phantom deposits" that were unconfirmed in Cryptopia's wallet. I think the cause was that the VGC chain would fork, reversing deposits that were pending confirmation, and Cryptopia had not programmed their site to deal with transactions reversed due to forks. I suspect this is the same cause of your deposit not confirming in Novaexchange. The transaction is not in our block explorer, which is odd considering we were the ones who issued it, leading me to believe that a transaction on a fork is indeed a cause. I will post an update in about two hours when I get home and have better access to the system. I will resend the transaction if I confirm it was on a forked chain. As for removing the "pending" balance in Novaexchange, you would have to contact them about that.
Hi Chris
After I wrote that I went back and looked at your explorer here and entered my VGC wallet number that was and still is assingned to me here and it shows the transaction has been reversed. So my balance does not reflect this on the earnings page which I am still using the same wallet address which is QS7pQ27973eFHdttyVurhvUosbMhBdMiyB
If you enter that on your explorer search you can see it was reversed today.. I have some hash on the coin not much but it is depositing to the same adresss also so they should match.. Thanks
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Here is what it is showing on your block explorer it was sent back here tonight which is what Nova Exchange said would happen.. If you could just add it back to my balance on the earnings page that would be fine also.. Is Nova exchange the only ones trading this coin? Here is the transaction reversing sent back to my account here from the VGC explorer.. Its not really enough to even send back to nova as the fee would prob wipe it out anyway..LOL.. This coin something is weird for sure

Time Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:00:14 PM
Block 2,445,468
Transaction 68ddd65461dfecfc28c3a7fea04f6074f2178b4964d9cad5364293d1739cf76b
Value -15,132.91767837 / $-0.091