Reduced service for customer support until March 15

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Reduced service for customer support until March 15

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 am

I wanted to make a note that we are currently in "reduced service" mode for customer support, until the business tax deadline of March 15. During reduced service, simple tickets and tickets affecting a large number of customers are investigated immediately, while tickets requiring significant research are lowered in priority. Easy tickets are being addressed as quickly as possible, but some tickets are extremely complex and Chris cannot divert his attention from compilation of the taxes at this time.

In addition to the business tax paperwork, Chris received notice of non-payment of taxes for four years, because he didn't know that he had to file taxes with some agencies despite owing nothing. They want him to provide numbers like revenue, which require extraction and analysis of terabytes of data. It's amazing how, despite owing no taxes, the project will be set back by tens of hours due to the need to obtain these numbers that are not meaningful to a mining pool. While Republicans are generally incorrect on most counts, they are right in that the damage caused to the economy by the paperwork (not by having to pay the taxes themselves) is significant.

Last year's taxes took about 100 hours to complete, and Chris has spent about 30 hours so far, so he expects to devote 70 hours over the next week. We appreciate your patience in regards to the delays in customer service. On March 16, Chris will change his focus to answer all tickets down to zero in the order they were submitted.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hjh4sminer

Re: Reduced service for customer support until March 15

Post by hjh4sminer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am

Hi Steve,

How does one ever sign up for the support site linked on the prohashing website? It seems silly, but when I follow the link, it takes me to the support site to login but does not allow for me register...

https://jira.prohashing.com/servicedesk ... portal%2F1

Any directions as to how to do this provided on the prohashing site would be very helpful if not already there.

Cheers,
Jon
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am

Visit https://support.prohashing.com/ to register. The other site is for responding to existing tickets.
vaultminer

Post by vaultminer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 am

I dug through my history and found the link: https://jira.prohashing.com/servicedesk ... ser/signup

It's weird that it doesn't show up anymore
googoomuck

Post by googoomuck » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Does this effect payout schedule? While the "Account Activity" window says "+Earned... Payout will occur once threshold is exceeded" and shows amount, no payout occurred for me today. And, as I understand it, there are no longer a minimum thresholds for Bitcoin payouts to Coinbase. So, did the payout settings change since yesterday? Just curious. Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm

googoomuck wrote:Does this effect payout schedule? While the "Account Activity" window says "+Earned... Payout will occur once threshold is exceeded" and shows amount, no payout occurred for me today. And, as I understand it, there are no longer a minimum thresholds for Bitcoin payouts to Coinbase. So, did the payout settings change since yesterday? Just curious. Thanks
No. Payouts are not affected. The only effect is customer support response times.
Foxx

Post by Foxx » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I wanted to make a note that we are currently in "reduced service" mode for customer support, until the business tax deadline of March 15. During reduced service, simple tickets and tickets affecting a large number of customers are investigated immediately, while tickets requiring significant research are lowered in priority. Easy tickets are being addressed as quickly as possible, but some tickets are extremely complex and Chris cannot divert his attention from compilation of the taxes at this time.

In addition to the business tax paperwork, Chris received notice of non-payment of taxes for four years, because he didn't know that he had to file taxes with some agencies despite owing nothing. They want him to provide numbers like revenue, which require extraction and analysis of terabytes of data. It's amazing how, despite owing no taxes, the project will be set back by tens of hours due to the need to obtain these numbers that are not meaningful to a mining pool. While Republicans are generally incorrect on most counts, they are right in that the damage caused to the economy by the paperwork (not by having to pay the taxes themselves) is significant.

Last year's taxes took about 100 hours to complete, and Chris has spent about 30 hours so far, so he expects to devote 70 hours over the next week. We appreciate your patience in regards to the delays in customer service. On March 16, Chris will change his focus to answer all tickets down to zero in the order they were submitted.
if your in business, you still have to file no matter what. having no tax due does not alleviate the burden of having to report such. most likely there is a penalty and interest due as well.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:21 am

Foxx wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:I wanted to make a note that we are currently in "reduced service" mode for customer support, until the business tax deadline of March 15. During reduced service, simple tickets and tickets affecting a large number of customers are investigated immediately, while tickets requiring significant research are lowered in priority. Easy tickets are being addressed as quickly as possible, but some tickets are extremely complex and Chris cannot divert his attention from compilation of the taxes at this time.

if your in business, you still have to file no matter what. having no tax due does not alleviate the burden of having to report such. most likely there is a penalty and interest due as well.
Hopefully that's not the case. They sent a letter stating that we were supposed to file these "taxes" within 15 days, but it's simply not feasible for someone to accomplish that. Simply decompressing the 10TB of data took over a week. They want this useless data that isn't relevant to the amount due and there are 100 million blocks to aggregate.

We're already spending 100% of our time on taxes, other than providing so whatever penalties come will just have to be paid. We simply can't work any faster than that.