Restart tonight

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Restart tonight

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:05 pm

You might have noticed that equihash mining hasn't yet been enabled. That's because I discovered a math error that caused invalid shares to be accepted. This flawed code is in production now, so we can't enable it.

We're going to deploy a new release tonight, but since the changes are minor, the process should only require a two-minute restart. Then, Chris will be enabling but not announcing equihash mining, so that a few people can try it out before we announce it to the world.
djliss

Re: Restart tonight

Post by djliss » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:You might have noticed that equihash mining hasn't yet been enabled. That's because I discovered a math error that caused invalid shares to be accepted. This flawed code is in production now, so we can't enable it.

We're going to deploy a new release tonight, but since the changes are minor, the process should only require a two-minute restart. Then, Chris will be enabling but not announcing equihash mining, so that a few people can try it out before we announce it to the world.

i have 2 GPU rigs totalling an avg of 4.7K sol/s ( 1 rig @ 1.5K sol/s and 1 rig @ 3.2K sol/s) if you PM me the details i can point them to the pool if you need some hash rate to beta test.
vaultminer

Post by vaultminer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:25 pm

I have 20ksols I can test with. PM me the details. Have you added BTCP? If not, please do.
Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:03 pm

Pass me the info, i will test it out
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:44 am

I also would like to opt-in for testing
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:04 am

I tried turning it on this morning and noticed an issue where my software was reporting duplicate shares because it misunderstood work ids, so I fixed that but another code release will be necessary. Chris will do that in the afternoon and then we'll try again.