First poll, need nominations for choices

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

First poll, need nominations for choices

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 am

On Monday, we'll be releasing our new polling feature. The purpose of the polls is to get a better understanding of customer opinions on issues so that we can focus our effort on the most important things. For example, we will poll users about which coins they would like to be added.

Users receive one vote per dollar earned during the past week and may distribute their votes across multiple options. Our first poll will be "what is Prohashing's greatest shortcoming?" I'd like people to nominate answers here so that I don't miss something that ends up receiving a lot of votes.

Here are a few obvious possibilities we'll definitely include: network connectivity issues, missing website features, bugs, poor customer service, and earned more money at other pool. I don't want to include missing features or lack of algorithms because we know about those things already, and the purpose is to find out what we don't know.

What other answers should we list?
CSZiggy

Re: First poll, need nominations for choices

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 am

A more accurate 1/MH expected payout chart.

Either more seperated out by password options or selectable by payout coins. The chart was not accurate for me anytime I compared my earings to what the chart claims I should have made. A more grouped/drop down selectible payout chart would allow people to more accurately decide what to mine or which coins were better payout choices from the previous 24-hours.
rulovico

Post by rulovico » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am

Need to fill Paper work (U.S. Internal Revenue Service information)
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am

that kind of sucks that i probably can't vote or don't get as many votes if i was mining somewhere else for a week or so (for a coin that's not available here), but it's a good idea so only real users get to vote. but i can still state my point of view on the forums anyway. my biggest issues with prohashing have been mining server stability (which i know sometimes isn't prohashing's fault but because of ddos or coin networks) and having coin options that i want for mining. and also more static difficulty options would be nice, or even a better dynamic difficulty so it works better with my miners (it works ok now that i changed some things on my end so they don't get stuck).
travelinmusic

Post by travelinmusic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Settle tickets within 14 days or pay out the claim.
Of course some limits would have to be implimented... ie claims limited to 5% of previous weeks mining total, or max 1 claim per week. etc. tbd.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 pm

rulovico wrote:Need to fill Paper work (U.S. Internal Revenue Service information)
While I'm sure this one might turn some customers away, we're not going to include it because we can't do anything about it. Otherwise, we will get votes pulled towards this and away from other problems that we can actually resolve.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm

spauk wrote:that kind of sucks that i probably can't vote or don't get as many votes if i was mining somewhere else for a week or so (for a coin that's not available here), but it's a good idea so only real users get to vote. but i can still state my point of view on the forums anyway. my biggest issues with prohashing have been mining server stability (which i know sometimes isn't prohashing's fault but because of ddos or coin networks) and having coin options that i want for mining. and also more static difficulty options would be nice, or even a better dynamic difficulty so it works better with my miners (it works ok now that i changed some things on my end so they don't get stuck).
We'll definitely take into consideration what people who are posting in the forums have to say. We just want to make sure that the sort of people who have made reddit an unwelcome place don't unleash bots on the polls with lots of accounts.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:29 pm

CSZiggy wrote:A more accurate 1/MH expected payout chart.

Either more seperated out by password options or selectable by payout coins. The chart was not accurate for me anytime I compared my earings to what the chart claims I should have made. A more grouped/drop down selectible payout chart would allow people to more accurately decide what to mine or which coins were better payout choices from the previous 24-hours.
What miners and password arguments were you using?
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Static difficulty LIMITS - LOWER and UPPER values ...
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:34 pm

ZiGen wrote:Static difficulty LIMITS - LOWER and UPPER values ...
You want the range expanded, or the limits changed another way?