First poll, need nominations for choices

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

Re: First poll, need nominations for choices

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:A more accurate 1/MH expected payout chart.

Either more seperated out by password options or selectable by payout coins. The chart was not accurate for me anytime I compared my earings to what the chart claims I should have made. A more grouped/drop down selectible payout chart would allow people to more accurately decide what to mine or which coins were better payout choices from the previous 24-hours.
What miners and password arguments were you using?
Antminer L3+ with 507 mhash.
I am using n=miner for password settings. I read no d= setting would pick dynamic and offer the best payout. I only select LTC as my payout coin so I can compare this site to a few others. Is there other settings or some secret d= setting I need to actually hit the 1/MH expected values on the pools chart pages? Because the times I have tested I have never hit that 1/MH expected value. I always seem to be a good amount under that chart value. If that chart page is an AVERAGE, then at some point I would have to be above and below the line and over time it would average out. But so far Ive only ever been below the line.

If others are getting above the 1/MH expected payout from time to time to average out then no one will vote for the more accurate 1/MH expected payout chart. In which case it must just be me that is always under the line.
spauk

Post by spauk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:47 am

i got a good one, reject rate has been horrible.
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
ZiGen wrote:Static difficulty LIMITS - LOWER and UPPER values ...
You want the range expanded, or the limits changed another way?
You promised back in time to restore the static difficulty choices to their original RANGE ...like 8k to 131-256k ...Never saw any posting about that ...Don't even know what is the current range of possible values ... Limits? ...Range expansion is a good choice, IMHO... Thanks, Steve
rulovico

Post by rulovico » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:11 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
rulovico wrote:Need to fill Paper work (U.S. Internal Revenue Service information)
While I'm sure this one might turn some customers away, we're not going to include it because we can't do anything about it. Otherwise, we will get votes pulled towards this and away from other problems that we can actually resolve.
Well you could move out the US, is not that is imposible, is just you dont want even consider it, and that is fair enough, i still thing you should add it, but is your poll and and you can vias it as much as you want
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:24 am

rulovico wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
rulovico wrote:Need to fill Paper work (U.S. Internal Revenue Service information)
While I'm sure this one might turn some customers away, we're not going to include it because we can't do anything about it. Otherwise, we will get votes pulled towards this and away from other problems that we can actually resolve.
Well you could move out the US, is not that is imposible, is just you dont want even consider it, and that is fair enough, i still thing you should add it, but is your poll and and you can vias it as much as you want
I'm not certain about this, but I think that it would actually be necessary to renounce citizenship in order to not have to deal with the IRS, not just moving away.

But you're right - even if there were zero taxes, we still wouldn't move. We make enough money to survive. I never understood why those people who own $500m in ETH are moving to Puerto Rico for ten years to save 15% in taxes - are they going to be poor if they only have $425m left over?
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:12 am

rulovico wrote: Well you could move out the US, is not that is imposible, is just you dont want even consider it, and that is fair enough, i still thing you should add it, but is your poll and and you can vias it as much as you want

Do you seriously think that it'd be that easy and simple?

What is this, make-believer-2018?

And no matter what country they would go to, even if they didn't have to renounce their citizenship in the USA, they'd still have hurdles to go through and tax related documents to have us sign to stay LEGAL.

What you really want is a poll on if ProHashing should stay LEGAL, and that's a horrible idea for a poll if you actually want cryptocurrency to NOT GET BANNED from every single country out there. The more people who abuse their lack of paying on cryptocurrency taxes, no matter which country you are in, the more that country will notice, get angry, put restrictions on or ban cryptocurrency altogether.
travelinmusic

Post by travelinmusic » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 am

1) Simple login page so no need to load home page (long running script error often appears)
2) Add last 6 of miner name to new column in blocks found list (at least for solo miners)
3) Add view all button to "Account Activity"
4) Add popup full size window to "account Activity" and "blocks found"
5) Add average graph line overlay to "total Earnings"
6) Better explain merge mining with "quotes" or no quotes for solo mining. (not a nomination, just a needed suggestion)
7) Provide a download link for csv of past earnings. (not a nomination, just a needed suggestion)
travelinmusic

Post by travelinmusic » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:05 pm

8) A luck meter would be cool, split the mining efficiency block and add another meter on maybe a 15 minute scale that then starts to fade based on both frequency and $ value. could be a meter within a meter for both unless they can somehow line up with one needle. Or it could go as high as 1000% with 100% as normal. Like RPMs on a car. Idles at 10000, redlines at 70000, engine blows at 100000 :D

9) A refresh button on "found blocks" so no need to refresh entire page. (time seems to automatically update but new blocks do not)

10) Arrange the list of coins under "earnings by coin" from least to most profitable during past 7 day. Divided by number of miners per coin of course.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:41 pm

This vote has now been posted.

I appreciate the very specific answers, and I added the specific answers to our bug tracker for implementation. The purpose of this poll is to get a high level overview of the project's shortcomings, so I only added to the poll the suggestions for higher-level issues. Many of the suggestions involved the website, so if you feel that these issues are most important, then select the option focusing on the website.

Some choices were excluded because we can't do anything about them - like the tax forms - so there's no reason to ask. Some other choices were also excluded because they are so obvious, like adding additional algorithms.

Thanks for the feedback, and make sure you vote!
rulovico

Post by rulovico » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:15 am

Aura89 wrote:
rulovico wrote: Well you could move out the US, is not that is imposible, is just you dont want even consider it, and that is fair enough, i still thing you should add it, but is your poll and and you can vias it as much as you want

Do you seriously think that it'd be that easy and simple?

What is this, make-believer-2018?

And no matter what country they would go to, even if they didn't have to renounce their citizenship in the USA, they'd still have hurdles to go through and tax related documents to have us sign to stay LEGAL.

What you really want is a poll on if ProHashing should stay LEGAL, and that's a horrible idea for a poll if you actually want cryptocurrency to NOT GET BANNED from every single country out there. The more people who abuse their lack of paying on cryptocurrency taxes, no matter which country you are in, the more that country will notice, get angry, put restrictions on or ban cryptocurrency altogether.
lets get real, all other pools let say 99.5% of all hash rate in the world right now dont ask this, so i suppose that in this logic all cryto WILL BE BANNED very soon, (it will not), nd i not sure about that the lack of that forms will make PH illegal, but i suppose you know better

i just tould would be usuefful to know what PH customer think, even PH will not futfull their wishes (for obious reasons), lets not patronize the customers if they want to waste votes in any aswer,