Changes to static coin mining

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Changes to static coin mining

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:12 pm

After reading customers' comments last night, and evaluating our options, we decided to make some small changes to how static coin mining works:
  • Our documentation was modified to state that customers are not allowed to connect to undocumented APIs.
  • The mining server has been modified to limit the number of static coins a miner can mine in a rolling time period. The clock starts counting down when a coin is first connected to, and during that time no other coin can be statically mined with that IP address. Eventually, the clock expires, and then the miner may choose a different coin. Because the clock is short (we don't know what its final value will be yet, because we'll see what happens), customers who use manual settings will not be affected.
This release will require a mining server and website restart, which will happen shortly. After the restarts, we expect profitability to increase by several percent, but the exact increase won't be known until tomorrow's profitability is calculated, about 32 hours from now. Thanks to all the customers who shared their feedback about this issue!
GregoryGHarding

Re: Changes to static coin mining

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 pm

thanks steve, i figured the timer option was the best route
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:01 am

what do you mean by 'static coins' ? specifying a coin in the password options?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 pm

dnprod wrote:what do you mean by 'static coins' ? specifying a coin in the password options?
using c= will now lock you into that coin for a minimum 2 minutes, to mitigate people manually switching to hit low difficulty coins and automated bots.
mycide

Post by mycide » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:45 am

So Been mining dgb solo, but find the block history showing dgb block found as if it was pps, no flag for solo. Can not be as i dont got any scrypt rigs running in pps.. Please look into this.

https://prohashing.com/explorer/Digibyte/6020077/ Not credited to me altough it should been.

Edit:

Went over every rig and one of them hade a typo in the password field, so its my own misstake it seems highly unlucky for me.
Last edited by mycide on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
koteriy

Post by koteriy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 am

The graphs continue to show a decrease in profitability. It seems the use of API was not the cause of the problem.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Only way shutting down the API makes sense is if c= is removed unless solo mining.

cutting off people who use c= setting is all fine and good. But if the pool isn't going to agressively mine the bigger coins at the top, then all adding a 2 min timer did was more evenly distribute who all can pick and mine the bigger profit coins that the pool never touches.

And, the 2 min timer seems broken also, after waiting 3 and even 4 mins at times, using c= without solo setting still kicks my miner over to backup pools sometimes instead of letting me manually select the big coin at the top of the profits. I still think the pool owners are saving those big coins just for them and their friends to mine or the pool would mine them more aggressively.

With using c= settings I was able to get higher profits than the 1MH expected chart says. Letting the pool pick I got under the chart readings for the day before. Not sure how accurate your payout charts are or if they flux a lot from day to day and the market did go crazy last week. But not using c= settings I got much lower profits than the chart claims. So something is still fishy.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:07 pm

koteriy wrote:The graphs continue to show a decrease in profitability. It seems the use of API was not the cause of the problem.
That just shows how you don't understand why its decreasing.

Pay attention to cryptocurrency a little more if you are interested in it.

Profitability keeps decreasing because *drum role* ..... The price of virtually every single coin has been going down.

Tada! A toddler could have figured that out.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:29 pm

CSZiggy wrote:Only way shutting down the API makes sense is if c= is removed unless solo mining.

cutting off people who use c= setting is all fine and good. But if the pool isn't going to agressively mine the bigger coins at the top, then all adding a 2 min timer did was more evenly distribute who all can pick and mine the bigger profit coins that the pool never touches.

And, the 2 min timer seems broken also, after waiting 3 and even 4 mins at times, using c= without solo setting still kicks my miner over to backup pools sometimes instead of letting me manually select the big coin at the top of the profits. I still think the pool owners are saving those big coins just for them and their friends to mine or the pool would mine them more aggressively.

With using c= settings I was able to get higher profits than the 1MH expected chart says. Letting the pool pick I got under the chart readings for the day before. Not sure how accurate your payout charts are or if they flux a lot from day to day and the market did go crazy last week. But not using c= settings I got much lower profits than the chart claims. So something is still fishy.
what you call big coins, are not big coins. they are not mined because either the pool is putting appropriate hash on the coin, or because its orphan rate is through the roof
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Well, I pay 5% fee here to mine PPS and the pool pays me if I find orphaned or immature or even lost blocks right?

So why would I care if I am mining a coin with too high of an orphaned rate? Im not soloing and I get credit no matter if it goes orphan or lost right?
If having coins that orphan so much that the pool can't automine them is such an issue, then those coins shouldn't be popping up on the pool. The pool should either mine them or not having them showing up.

So the big coins are not really big coins?

So you are saying if I had 2 machines I could mine 1 coin in static at 1.0 profit and use another same machine to mine on a coin worth 2.0
and at the end of the day they will both have the same payout? Because all I keep hearing is how everything is the same, everything is split, everything is equal, and how there are no higher payouts for mining higher profit coins.

Somehow that seems soo very unlikely. The fact they are leaving c= setting in so people can pick higher profit coins to mine should be an indication that not all coins are even or pay the same. And the people who still manually pick coins using c= setting are still making more profit at the rest of the auto switching pools expense. Pool is still a scam. You let select few mine and make 5 cent profits so the rest can make only 1 cent and point at the 1.5 average and say thats what everyone on the pool mines gets. not truth.