Possible changes to static coin mining

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
lucindrea

Re: Possible changes to static coin mining

Post by lucindrea » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 pm

could you restrict that by hash ... im only asking because most of my miners do auto switching , but i mine a few hash of static ... the problem is my isp gives me 1 ip number .. so if i mine 1 static coin at say 8mh/s , then my autoswitching (differnt n= in password field) pool of 40mh would get screwed.
i can stop doing the 1 or 2 static coins if thats the only way , but it's really a punishment on me for what a few others have forced you to do.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:19 pm

lucindrea wrote:could you restrict that by hash ... im only asking because most of my miners do auto switching , but i mine a few hash of static ... the problem is my isp gives me 1 ip number .. so if i mine 1 static coin at say 8mh/s , then my autoswitching (differnt n= in password field) pool of 40mh would get screwed.
i can stop doing the 1 or 2 static coins if thats the only way , but it's really a punishment on me for what a few others have forced you to do.
You wouldn't have a problem. If you're using the pool's autoswitch, by omitting "c=," then that won't have any effect and you can still mine one static coin in addition to the autoswitch miners.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:32 pm

Does each miner rig coming in from flare, and nicehash, and other places that rent or redirect miners and hashing power each use its own unique IP?
or is the first C= using nicehash user going to mess it up from everyone buying NH power to use on the pool?
lucindrea

Post by lucindrea » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

the problem is ONE of my miners IS using a c= switch (how else does one mine a static coin?) .. not a big deal .. just wanted to help a small coin a little by giving a few % of my hash to 1 coin while the rest were doing auto .. i guess i'll stop that one ..