Chris investigating issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris investigating issues

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 am

Chris is investigating issues with the mining server - something caused network connectivity issues earlier this morning.

He has not yet been able to determine the cause. We'll keep you updated.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Chris investigating issues

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:44 am

This issue has been resolved. We aren't sure what caused the problem, but we'll add it to the tasklist for eventual investigation. Sorry about that!
bmhamlet

Post by bmhamlet » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 am

If you're not sure what caused the issue, then you cannot state that it's been resolved. just saying.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:54 am

bmhamlet wrote:If you're not sure what caused the issue, then you cannot state that it's been resolved. just saying.
Really? I lose power and I have no clue why I lost power.
Once the issue has been resolved, my power is restored.

I still have no clue what caused the power issue....and yet it has been resolved.
So I would disagree. You do not need to know what the issue is to know that the problem no longer exists.
bmhamlet

Post by bmhamlet » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm

The issue as it was presented may no longer exist but that does not indicate that the root cause was actually resolved - only reduced the priority since we're back up and running.

If an issue is actually resolved then there's not really an issue to put on a tasklist for eventual investigation. It may sound semantic but I would consider something resolved if there are mitigating processes in place to either prevent re-occurrence or an actual fix.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:09 pm

There are over 300 bugs on the tasklist now, so we can't put everything on a high priority due to a manpower shortage. Until we can hire and train more people, we need to prioritize issues.

Since this issue has only ever occurred once, we put it as a low priority, as we will be working on JiveTonto's bugs this week. Of course, if it recurs, then we'll increase its priority.
NiteshadeSc2

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Keep up the good work! Thanks!
I am a noob miner. Zeusminer Hurricane X3 and a Gridseed G-Blade Hashing around 18-20Mhs on Ubuntu Cgminer 4.3.5.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:There are over 300 bugs on the tasklist now, so we can't put everything on a high priority due to a manpower shortage. Until we can hire and train more people, we need to prioritize issues.
Public bugtracker as tasklist possible? Thanks!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:There are over 300 bugs on the tasklist now, so we can't put everything on a high priority due to a manpower shortage. Until we can hire and train more people, we need to prioritize issues.
Public bugtracker as tasklist possible? Thanks!
Unfortunately, we can't do that. Some of the bugs might include passwords, or be security vulnerabilities. We don't want to have to be extremely careful about the detail in the bugs just because it's on the Internet.