Investigating missing blocks

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Investigating missing blocks

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:28 pm

We noticed that some blocks and hashrate was missing this afternoon, and we are investigating what has occurred. If we find that some users were not being credited for shares, we will manually credit accounts for the missing balances. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred.
JoeTheMiner

Re: Investigating missing blocks

Post by JoeTheMiner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:We noticed that some blocks and hashrate was missing this afternoon, and we are investigating what has occurred. If we find that some users were not being credited for shares, we will manually credit accounts for the missing balances. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred.
I sent an email to you this morning about some issues I am experienceing about having too much hashrate. Do you think this issue could be part of what is affecting me? I see that the problem on my end appears to fixed now as the hashrate appears to be normal.

Is it safe to continue mining?

Thanks,
Joseph
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi Joe,

The stratum server has a bug that caused it to stop counting shares for a short period of time. I am working to correct the issue and am closely monitoring the system to make sure it doesn't happen again, so it is safe to mine. Right now I am also working to determine the amount of mining time that was lost and crediting miners appropriately.
JoeTheMiner

Post by JoeTheMiner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:Hi Joe,

The stratum server has a bug that caused it to stop counting shares for a short period of time. I am working to correct the issue and am closely monitoring the system to make sure it doesn't happen again, so it is safe to mine. Right now I am also working to determine the amount of mining time that was lost and crediting miners appropriately.
Thanks for the prompt response and update. Appreciate it.

Joseph
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:09 pm

I determined that the problem was exactly the opposite of what was initially expected. For a few hours, the pool was duplicating shares. As a result, users saw hashrates and earnings 5x or greater compared to the correct amounts. This error explains why some users reported to me that they had incorrect hashrates for that period of time.

Since this was our mistake and the error was in favor of the miners, I am not going to correct the balances. Users will be paid what they pool said they earned, regardless of what they should have earned in those time periods.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting Prohashing.
rootdude

Post by rootdude » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Chris - if you'd kindly PM me with a BTC address I'd be happy to send back some of the BTC over and above what I should have been paid.

-rootdude