Bitcoin thresholds rising again

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Bitcoin thresholds rising again

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:08 pm

The bitcoin payout thresholds will be rising again. The free payout threshold will rise from $500 to $1000 tomorrow, while the minimum transaction amount will rise to $30. The maximum payout threshold will remain at $1000, because this is a dangerous amount of money for us to be holding.

We expect to increase the free threshold to $2500 before the end of the year, and the minimum payout amount to $100.

We strongly recommend that all customers switch to alternative networks for payment. Litecoin transactions, for example, cost 400 times less than bitcoin transactions and litecoins can be sold for bitcoins at most exchanges.
Stereotype1

Re: Bitcoin thresholds rising again

Post by Stereotype1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Can you clarify 'We strongly recommend that all customers switch to alternative networks for payment.'

Are you suggesting to mine BTC at an alternative site, or alternative payment method?
Thank you
Stereotype1

Post by Stereotype1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Can I get my small balance of BTC paid with LTC?
Jamin

Post by Jamin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Stereotype1 wrote:Can I get my small balance of BTC paid with LTC?
Id also consider this
rulovico

Post by rulovico » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Here we go Nicehash 2
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Stereotype1 wrote:Can I get my small balance of BTC paid with LTC?
No. Because of money transmission regulations, we can't exchange coins upon user request. Balances must be paid in the coin in which they were earned.

We would personally love to do this, but we can't.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Stereotype1 wrote:Can you clarify 'We strongly recommend that all customers switch to alternative networks for payment.'

Are you suggesting to mine BTC at an alternative site, or alternative payment method?
Thank you
Just switch to litecoins, the default payment method. If you want bitcoins, I suggest entering an exchange wallet as your payout address, and purchasing the bitcoins at an exchange.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Whoa, you said they were changing *tomorrow*. I just got told by a friend (who is hustling his machines to earn the $500 free transaction limit on BTC) that it just got doubled with the website reboot???...
MinerMaximus

Post by MinerMaximus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:00 am

Wow... what a surprise!
DblD

Post by DblD » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:50 am

So @Steve If i understood correctly we can switch payout currency mid way as in im on about 1.4 milion satoshi now with 100% BTC i can switch to LTC now without waiting to hit the payout treshold?