Explanation of earnings from Dec 11-13

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
pavvappav

Re: Explanation of earnings from Dec 11-13

Post by pavvappav » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:47 pm

I think that the simple answer is that "earning" on PH are based not on the coin, but on dollar value. The lower priced exchanges had shown litecoin cheaper than the higher priced exchanges. So, at a point in time if you were awarded 0.05, that would have been converted to LTC at the lower rate than at the higher rate, effectively loosing the brothers money because they had to pay out more LTC from their wallets (vs buying them from the pool) than they would have otherwise had to pay out had they calculated the litecoin distribution using the more favorable higher rate.
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
As to the tax forms, that's what we decided to do, and if you're unhappy about it, then you can fill out the form for the income you have made already and leave. I advise other customers who disagree with the simple step of receiving one piece of paper to also fill out the form in a few weeks and leave. While we appreciate customer feedback on everything else, it should be made very clear that this is one issue where we will not be listening to customers. I would rather people spend their posts and tickets writing to us about things we can work to improve, like disconnects or adding new coins, rather than this decision, which is final.

It's also important to understand that once we set a precedent of submitting 1099 forms, it is likely that other pools will follow suit. If litecoinpool has US customers and chooses not to issue the forms, then the IRS could take them to court as a test case, asking the judge why we submit the forms and they do not. Now that mining is a big business, and big businesses attract audits, I don't think that many mining pools will be operating without greater scrutiny of laws and regulations.

I vaguely remember that Litecoinpool is out of Amsterdam NL. If they don't transact in dollars, the IRS has little leverage over them. However, that does not mean miners who use them are out of the woods. The US servers on the east and west coasts could be siezed. Their domain could also be seized. I doubt that it will ever come to that.

However, people also have to understand that PH is in the US, and as the (AFIK) only non-peer-to-peer pool located in the US, is a juicy target for enforcement action to "make a point". As such they must take pains to comply with IRS, FINCEN, and whatever regulations the US may throw at crypto-currencies.
bochom

Post by bochom » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:42 am

Today all payments suffers from halving they ripped off even when they said they will let the money be, I now owe prohashing lol
riccer33

Post by riccer33 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 am

when is the next halving of litecoin?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Summer 2019 next LTC halving.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:50 pm

bochom wrote:Today all payments suffers from halving they ripped off even when they said they will let the money be, I now owe prohashing lol
This issue was resolved. I deleted the invalid rows, which were caused by a deadlock that occurred while reverting the invalid payouts.