All associations with [CENSORED] banned

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

All associations with [CENSORED] banned

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:13 am

Due to the poor behavior of the [CENSORED] community, we are adding a new rule to the forums. All discussion of the [CENSORED] cryptocurrency is prohibited, and making any posts about [CENSORED] will result in an immediate and permanent ban, as well as deletion of the thread. We will also never be adding [CENSORED] as a mining or payout coin as a result.

I will be adding the word "[CENSORED]" to a list of words that will automate the deletion and banning process.

Feel free to reply if there are any questions.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aura89

Re: All associations with [CENSORED] banned

Post by Aura89 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 am

Um, i have no idea what community/coin/etc. you are even talking about. I am thoroughly confused lol
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:24 am

what are we talking about here?
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:29 am

Nevermind, i see the other posts in the coin announcement thread, and i don't blame you. All it is, is a bunch of bots posting spam.

I do have to say though that maybe automatic ban might be a little far. Automatic deletion, sure, then the bots shouldn't even be able to get anything done. But if some random person comes in here and asks questions about it (without reading any threads before hand) and they get automatically banned, that'd be pretty sad.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 am

Oops! The word censor censored my own post. I fixed it.
mickymax777

Post by mickymax777 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 am

Aura89 wrote:Nevermind, i see the other posts in the coin announcement thread, and i don't blame you. All it is, is a bunch of bots posting spam.

I do have to say though that maybe automatic ban might be a little far. Automatic deletion, sure, then the bots shouldn't even be able to get anything done. But if some random person comes in here and asks questions about it (without reading any threads before hand) and they get automatically banned, that'd be pretty sad.
I agree, is it not every person's right to view their opinion? If you going to ban people because of their views do you not think you are going to limit freedom of expression? I've done some investigation into De@p0nion and I'm sure that their model is sound and that their community have high moral standards, they do not support dishonesty and have a great moral approach to business.

It is a pity if you continue with the ban?
Lifork

Post by Lifork » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:07 am

How it is possible to return discussion about an onions? Thank you!
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 pm

mickymax777 wrote:
I agree, is it not every person's right to view their opinion? If you going to ban people because of their views do you not think you are going to limit freedom of expression? I've done some investigation into De@p0nion and I'm sure that their model is sound and that their community have high moral standards, they do not support dishonesty and have a great moral approach to business.

It is a pity if you continue with the ban?
You, and i'm making this assumption based off the fact you have 1 post here, are probably one of the people coming here trying to spam this coin. I could be wrong, but i'm fairly certain i am not.

As well, you have decided to bypass the restriction by putting an @ symbol in the coins name, which if this were my forum, you'd be warned and/or banned depending on the situation.

And you have perverted my entire point. My point was not to say people should be able to speak about that coin here, as it is clear, no one is wanting to speak about it other then spammers. If the people who like or want to promote that coin want to actually have a discussion about said coin, i'm sure that would have never been an issue here. The problem is, that's not what has happened, and i don't disagree with the owners of this forum deciding to ban said coin due to the community revolving around said coin. Because all they have done is spammed, create multiple accounts, and artificially make their thread active in the hopes that people will see a big thread and think "oh, better go check this coin out!"

My point was that i don't believe, as implied anyways in the original post, that simply saying the name of the coin should get you banned. Automatically deleted post with possibly a message of why (if possible) sure, but otherwise, people who are not trying to promote or spam that coin, could get banned.

So don't use my response to get on your high horse and pervert what i was saying.