Current known system issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Current known system issues

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 am

I thought I would publish a few of the current known system issues caused by yesterday's major release so that people are aware and don't submit support tickets for them.

  • The live data loading when you initially visit the forums or website can be slow. We're working on that. Profitability is not affected.
  • There is a crash bug that is caused by a race condition in the share inserters. It's been fixed and changes will be deployed later today.
  • The hashrate charts from this morning are inaccurate due to the crash bug. Balances may be a few percentage points lower, as well. No money was lost and Chris will correct the data later today.
  • Some users are reporting that miners are not displaying in the "live coin status" portion of the "earnings" page. We have not been able to reproduce this issue, but we were able to confirm that no money is being lost because of it. As soon as we can figure out a reproducible test case, we'll look into it.
  • An issue that is not a bug is that the initial difficulty for scrypt is high, at 65536. If you have slow miners, you will see "no valid shares yet" until the difficulty automatically adjusts downwards low enough for you to find a share. This is not an indication you are making no money, as difficulty does not affect profits.
  • The bitconnect network is under attack and all payouts in that coin are unable to be sent. We do not know if we will ever be able to send those payments to customers, and it is possible the money may be permanently lost if the attack continues indefinitely, as the attacker is not including transactions. As stated in another thread, if we achieve 12 TH/s, we may attempt to reverse the attacker's blockchain.
  • Profitability has declined because the LTC difficulty jumped 25% yesterday and will jump more at the next adjustment.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Current known system issues

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:24 pm

We think we fixed the memory issues that caused the live data problem. However, now there are bandwidth issues that are causing the live data to take a long time to load and miners to disconnect. We're on the phone with Verizon and hope to have more bandwidth within a few hours.
morriska
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:17 am

Re: Current known system issues

Postby morriska » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:53 am

What about our profits that miners made yesterday? Where are they? Surely not on my balance is affected.
JiveTonto
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Re: Current known system issues

Postby JiveTonto » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:02 am

my balance is also serverly affected and i check to see if it had been redirecting to my backup pool (for about 1 hour total during the day) this can be seen in my worker history.........but no reflected in my profits .....its like you store shares
bellaminer
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 am

Re: Current known system issues

Postby bellaminer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:43 am

JiveTonto wrote:my balance is also serverly affected and i check to see if it had been redirecting to my backup pool (for about 1 hour total during the day) this can be seen in my worker history.........but no reflected in my profits .....its like you store shares


They continue to process blocks without distributing shares during that 'outage'. Their only recourse is to issue some "correction" that you cannot see or confirm you received. 100% unacceptable.
User avatar
Aura89
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:12 am

Re: Current known system issues

Postby Aura89 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am

bellaminer wrote:
JiveTonto wrote:my balance is also serverly affected and i check to see if it had been redirecting to my backup pool (for about 1 hour total during the day) this can be seen in my worker history.........but no reflected in my profits .....its like you store shares


They continue to process blocks without distributing shares during that 'outage'. Their only recourse is to issue some "correction" that you cannot see or confirm you received. 100% unacceptable.


I can see that i went from 10$ with an L3+ miner to $14, so not sure what you are on about.
zman
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: Current known system issues

Postby zman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 pm

I am Mining X11 for dash with two miners at 36ghash/sec but most of the time the miners are disconnecting and recommitting.
Latency goes as high as 4000ms!!!!!,than reconnects at 60 ms.
Why this is happening??
netimaster
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: Current known system issues

Postby netimaster » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 pm

zman wrote:I am Mining X11 for dash with two miners at 36ghash/sec but most of the time the miners are disconnecting and recommitting.
Latency goes as high as 4000ms!!!!!,than reconnects at 60 ms.
Why this is happening??


I am seeing similar issues on my side as well. Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks!
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Current known system issues

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:46 pm

I think that the load balancing algorithm is messing things up due to a known issue. We're working on the issue and should have a fix within the hour.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Current known system issues

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I think that the load balancing algorithm is messing things up due to a known issue. We're working on the issue and should have a fix within the hour.


Chris applied a new algorithm which will assign miners to servers according to the modulo of the last octet of their IP addresses. This is better than the random assignment, which would cause mining servers to overload when one failed. Let's see how this works now.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests