Bitconnectcoin fork and balance adjustments

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Re: Bitconnectcoin fork and balance adjustments

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 am

gestalt wrote:I totally understand if you have to make this adjustment to keep the place running. However, I'm going to play devils advocate for a minute here. There doesn't appear to be anything in your policies that actually allows you to make this adjustment.
https://prohashing.com/help.html#earnings-errors

If you are mining correctly and the pool's software incorrectly credits you with too much money, we will pay you the average earnings for that day plus an additional 15% as an apology for the times that the earnings were incorrect.

It's the same thing that happens in the other side of that case. When you are credited with too little they correct it and pay you 15% bonus as a thank you for your loyalty. In this case it was an overpayment, which was nulled then the average payout for that coin was subbed in plus a 15% bonus of that average payout from BCC for that time frame. Sad that those 2 hours we were seeing 114 on the live profit for scrypt didn't pan out as an all day thing, but I think we sorta knew something was wrong, we just thought it was with the pool or a recent upgrade glitch, didn't realize at the time the high scrypt price was us finding tons of BCC because the BCC network was all screwey.
gestalt

Post by gestalt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 am

AppleMiner wrote:If you are mining correctly and the pool's software incorrectly credits you with too much money, we will pay you the average earnings for that day plus an additional 15% as an apology for the times that the earnings were incorrect.
Yeah, I saw that. Just above that this is what it says:
Error policy
In order to remain ahead of the competition, Prohashing pursues an aggressive development schedule. Unfortunately, sometimes bugs occur that affect balances. The following policy governs what happens when errors are discovered in balances.
That applies to bugs and errors. How can orphaned blocks be considered a bug or an error? Those happen all the time. We are supposed to be getting paid for orphans if we aren't solo mining:
Because solo mining passes on the variance to the miner, orphaned blocks are not credited to earnings.
The advertised prices are supposed to already have orphan rate accounted for:
The profitability of the individual coin accounting for the difficulty, block reward, transaction fees, orphan rate, and sell price. If this coin has an orphan bonus, then the profitability will include the orphan bonus. Note that actual profitability will be the sum of a running coin and all merge mined coins. Because these statistics are dependent on Prohashing's environment, they are useful for insight into our system but aren't representatiive of the most profitable coins at other pools.
The orphan rate seems to have changed more quickly than their algorithm adjusted for it, but is that really a bug / error? It seems more like a design trade off to me.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 am

https://prohashing.com/help.html#earnings-details
Under the Earnings subsection.

Mined coins--The amount of the mined coin that your earned after deduction of the pool fee and orphan and lost block penalty
Orphan and lost block penalty--The amount of coins deducted based upon the combined orphaned and lost block rate

The network was in error so the rate did not adjust correctly, the pool admins had to go back and manually adjust the rate, and the probably gave 15% bonus on top of the correction for that time as a way to say sorry for the correction.

Did some other pools pay out the full time 4X-5X time reward they didnt get on the pool to their users?
Does anyone know anyone mining on another pool that got the huge payout they predicted as a result of the 2am est BCC attack/fork/network die?
yeominer

Post by yeominer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:54 am

commentary on adjustment as part of this related forum entry Re: Status as of Wednesday, December 6, 2017
fallingcurtain

Post by fallingcurtain » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 am

Policies can be rewritten.
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm

One wonders if this was related to the NH hack.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Would be very stupid timing if it was.

A) Hit up NH on a nice quiet normal day and see how far you can make it before anyone is any the wiser.

B) Hit up NH and at the same time send up red blaring alarm bells and whistles about possible bank errors and wallet overpays trigger an internal wallet audit to check if we have enough coins to cover all the orphaned blocks we didnt find.

If I was going to hit up NH...I think I would have opted for option A.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:07 am

gestalt wrote:I totally understand if you have to make this adjustment to keep the place running. However, I'm going to play devils advocate for a minute here. There doesn't appear to be anything in your policies that actually allows you to make this adjustment. The low luck section doesn't apply since this is not a case of miners not finding blocks when they should. The blocks were found, they were just orphaned. Also, the errors section doesn't seem to apply as this was not a bug, but an external network wide event. If you were to consider it hacking or an attack, you policy seems to still require payment. Also, the pay per share model doesn't seem to allow for not paying because blocks were orphaned. I don't see any critical difference between these orphaned blocks and other orphaned blocks that would allow for an adjustment.

I personally would much rather accept the correction than have the pool shut down. However, unless I am missing something or looking at something wrong, it looks like this adjustment might violate your own policies.
Everyone and their mother is a lawyer in 2017.
jimbo207

Post by jimbo207 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 am

any news on the return of BCC? profits are terrible today
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 am

No, no, no!

People were begging for us to get rid of the BCC, because it was the worse profit coin eva!
Well those folks got their wish, hope they are enjoying all this new found profitablity.